Coupon discount taken after gift certificate discount

• Default avatar
    russell8    
     10 years ago

AWOCoupon PRO 2.1.8 Virtuemart 2.0.20b Joomla 2.5.11

We have found that when a customer inputs the Gift Certificate code first THEN enters a discount coupon code ( for example 15% off the bill total), the 15% off is calculated from the balance AFTER the gift certificate discount was taken:

EXAMPLE:
    Total: $80.00
    Gift Certificate Total: -$75.00
    15% code entered after gift certificate WOULD BE TAKEN OFF OF $5.00

We have our Virtuemart tax rules set to tax per product, and our AWO Pro options set to discount taken before tax (coupon) and discount taken after tax (gift certificate).

Is there any way to force the coupon code discount to be taken BEFORE the gift certificate value, no matter what order our customer enters them?

EDIT: after further testing it seems it doesn't matter what order the coupon and gift certificate codes are entered, the calculations are still wrong. Especially when using a Gift certificate where the bill total is less than the value of the gift certificate. The bill total gets set to 0.00 but doesn't take the 15% off any product.

We handle all coupons through AWO Pro...we have set the "use store coupons" to off (it seemed that was the only way to get multiple entry of gift certificates and coupons to work).

Please advise.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The order definitely matters. I just tested it on vm2.0.20b, awocoupon 2.1.8. Added the 10% coupon first and then the gift certificate which brought the total to 0. Confirmed the order and then looked in awocoupon->history. There were 2 entries for the order, where first the 10% was discounted and then the remaining amount was discounted by the gift certificate.
  • Default avatar
    russell8    
     10 years ago

OK...thank you for the response but you didn't answer my questions:

How can we force the calculation to deduct the coupon discount from the product THEN calculate the gift certificate discount no matter what order the codes are input?

But most importantly we need this error fixed:
    It isn't giving any other discount when the gift certificate code sets the order total to $0.00, even if the 15% off coupon code is entered before the gift certificate code...how can we fix this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

How can we force the calculation to deduct the coupon discount from the product THEN calculate the gift certificate discount no matter what order the codes are input?
    ==== you cannot, the coupons are processed in the order they are entered. to do this you would have to customize awocoupon

It isn't giving any other discount when the gift certificate code sets the order total to $0.00, even if the 15% off coupon code is entered before the gift certificate code...how can we fix this?
    ==== i cannot produce it so cannot give you a fix. if you would like me to look more at it, please send temporary admin and ftp access by private message
  • Default avatar
    steve68    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Hi,  Let me chime in here -  this is a bug.
    It appears this bug has been fixed by checking the add gift certificate to end.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

This is a very old topic you dug up.  In any case go to

admin > awocoupon > configuration, under multiple coupon section there is the 'reorder gift certificates last' option.
  • Default avatar
    steve68    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Thank you!  Works great!