[Prestashop] Send out a message when there is buy x and gift y and the coupon

• Default avatar
    riga75    
     a year ago

Hi I have a request, let's see if it's possible.
    Sometimes it happens to me that at certain times of the year in the ecommerce we make it so that the user if he buys product x also gets product y in the cart as a gift.
    And so far so good, the problem is that I have set up that if one tries to use a coupon, the promotion is not valid and therefore the free product disappears from the cart, and many users do not realise this and only when the goods arrive do they complain that the free product is missing.
    Could a message be put out saying that the discount cannot be applied since the promotion is there? And maybe only if they say OK I want the discount and I don't want the gift then only then is the gift cancelled? Or something similar?

I hope I have explained myself, thank you

This could be a very interesting feature, what do you think?

Thanks a lot

stefano
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Unfortunately this is beyond the scope of coupon processing, too many different scenarios.  There are modules out there that allow you to display messages in the cart, you probably need something along those lines.
  • Default avatar
    riga75    
     a year ago  last edited a year ago

Great, can you recommend any? I couldn't find anything
    also because the message must be linked to the coupon, if for example the coupon is not valid for certain messages, how does the plugin know this and put the message?  Or am I wrong?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

fYes, do not think you will find anything that connects to coupon on us, for that you would need custom coding.  Or just a general flashy message specifying using a coupon invalidates any promotion.
  • Default avatar
    riga75    
     a year ago

ok and could you do this custom coding for me?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Sorry don't have time for such a project.

Since coupons are processed through ajax, you would have to find a way of displaying a message on successful coupon processing, which I don't think prestashop has a function for.  Much easier to just display a general message saying only one discount can be used at a time.