Problem with aworeward - awocoupon

• Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

Hello

I installed aworeward and awocoupon on a Joomla site but I can't do what I want.I would like the customer to be able to accumulate points and exchange them for a coupon code which would not change but which would update the reduction according to the number of points accumulated.

Thank you for your help

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

If I understand correctly you want a user to have 1 specific coupon code where the discount increases as points are accumulated?  No, cannot do that.  You can have the user collect points and when they are ready convert the points collected to a coupon code, or have it automatically convert to a coupon code when the user's hit a threshold you define.

The other thing you can do is activate AwoCoupon balance, and have points automatically convert to awocoupon balance.  Then user can directly use awocoupon balance in cart, without the need of entering a coupon code.
  • Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

Bonjour 
    Merci pour votre reponse. Pouvez vous m'expliquez comment f
  • Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

Hello

Thank you for your reply.
    Can you explain to me how to do for the last 2 solutions
    - You can have the user collect points and when they are ready convert the points collected to a coupon code
    - The other thing you can do is activate AwoCoupon balance, and have points automatically convert to awocoupon balance.  Then user can directly use awocoupon balance in cart, without the need of entering a coupon code.

thanks a lot for your help
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

To have users convert points to coupon code:
    - setup rules that give users points
    - in aworewards > configuration > coupon payout (request), setup a coupon to copy
       + payment type: awocoupon
       + coupon template: create a coupon in awocoupon, the value does not matter as it will be replaced, and make sure in the 'published' field you select 'template', then select it here.
    - you can create a menu item for the front end of type AwoRewards > credit history, or you can access the page directly:
        index.php?option=com_aworewards&view=credit
       On this page, you can view your point credit history, and if you have points available, and eligible to convert to a coupon code, it will also show on this page and the user can convert their points to coupon code with 1 click.

For AwoCoupon balance, if you have not set it up already, there is a little information about it here:
    To have points automatically convert to awocoupon balance, go to AwoRewards > configuration > Automatic payment.  From that screen you can select AwoCoupon balance.

• Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

Thanks for your help.

But when I try to link to the AwoRewards > credit history page I get a 1054 error message.

ERREUR: 1054

Unknown column 'h.expiration' in 'where clause'

I also have the same type of message when I activate the AwoRewards Points module on my site.

ERREUR: 1054

Unknown column 'expiration' in 'where clause'

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

Seems your database did not update correctly.  Expiration column was added in version 3.5.2.  I think you have to try a manual upgrade.  To do that, go to the file:

www/administrator/components/com_aworewards/aworewards/library/install/sql/upgrade

And from at least file 3.5.2, run

Happy to have a look if you can send a private message with admin/ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago  last edited a year ago

Hello 
    I just checked and the component is in version 3.6.0 but the plugins are in version 2.1.0, is this normal ?
    and how do i send you a private message ?

oDOdi7s.jpg
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Don't think the versions are an issue.
    To send a private message, click on the envelope next to my name:

mhMsgut.png
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Thanks for the access.  Was able to fix the db, you should not see the error any more.
  • Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

OK, thanks. The page is displayed well but I don't see where to change my points into a promo code.

Thank you again for your help.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Not sure what you mean.
    - you can create/edit a rule and update the number of points
    - you can setup in aworewards > configuration automatic coupon payout and set up the ratio of points to actual value in a coupon, or balance

• Default avatar
    nadege9    
     a year ago

Sorry to insist but I can't figure out how to make the customer earn points that accumulate and are linked to the same coupon code.

Currently a new coupon code is created each time the customer earns points.

9O1RJKr.jpg

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

That feature does not exist with the current system.