AwoCoupon - Gift Certificate Balance
Gift Certificate Balance is the latest feature of AwoCoupon (for Virtuemart, redSHOP, Hikashop, and EShop). It allows customers to load, store and track their Gift Certificate and its balance in their customer account.
This is a nice new addition which will make it easier for customers to manage and use their gift certificates.
Here's how the function works:
- Activate: to enable the customer balance feature
- Automatically add valid Gift Certificate to Balance on coupon usage: when activated andthe customer enters a new gift certificate, which has not been loaded into an account, the remaining balance, if any, will be automatically added into the customer balance. Next time they shop their balance will be available for use at the checkout.
- Category exclude: select product category(s) that that cannot be discounted using customer balance
- Shipping exclude: select shipping method(s) that cannot be discounted using customer balance
Using the Balance
- Only gift certificates with no restrictions will be allowed to be redeemed. If admin sets a shipping restriction, product restriction etc. the gift certificate won't load into customers' account. Instead use the global customer balance configuration for excluding categories and shipping methods.
- If the gift certificate has an expiration date, this becomes obsolete once it is loaded in the customers' account. Gift Certificate balance in the customers' account has no expiration.