Multi-purchase with same coupon code

• Default avatar
    andrea9    
     2 years ago

Hi there,
    is it possible to save the part of a coupon that is not used?

I explain myself better. If I have a coupon of 100€ and I make a purchase of 60€, is it possible to use the same coupon code several times until it is out of credit or expired?

I tried to find a topic already open, but I don't find anything like this. I apologize in advance if I have not seen it.

I find out the gift card method, but I need to maintain the expiration date. If I can maintain the expiration date it would be perfect.

Thank you for your kindly answer,
    Diana Isotta
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

Yes, by creating a gift certificate coupon code, you can do just that.  These  are special coupons that hold the value and allow you to use the coupon code until the value is 0.

I am not sure what you mean be you need to maintain the expiration date?  You have the option to set it when creating the code or not.  If you set it then you can use the code until it is 0 or it has expired.
  • Default avatar
    andrea9    
     2 years ago

Ok, thank you. I think I misunderstand how to use the component.

I read somewhere in the forum, that if you use gift certificate and you ability the balance option, once the customer add it to his balance it lost its expiration date. Is like that?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

So that is if you are dealing with AwoCoupon balance:

If you want a user to have store credit that sits in their account, then that does not expire.  But for normal coupons, expiration works as expected.
  • Default avatar
    andrea9    
     2 years ago

Hi again,
    thank you for your kindly reply. I have some problems with the settings.
    If I generate a gift certificate coupon code and try to do an order, it doesn't takes away the part already spent and I can use it several times at the maximum disposable.
    Yesterday, it worked. Now, I'm becoming crazy trying to understand where I make the mistake.
    I write you what I need to do, please, tell me if I can do this and how.

1. I need coupon that has an expiration date and that can be used several times until is out of amount or expired; (this because we give some gifts for the contests)
    2. I wish to introduce the gift cards purchasable from our website. (like Amazon or Zalando do);
    3. I wish to introduce the amount balance. This because if I receive a gift card from a friend I can use it freely without having to have the code at hand.

I hope I was clear,
    thank you again
    Diana
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

For the gift certificate to retain the value, the history of use needs to show in awocoupon > history of uses > coupons table.  So is the discount showing there?
    If not, in awocoupon > configuation,  how did you setup the triggers section?
  • Default avatar
    andrea9    
     2 years ago

HI,
    THANK YOU! It works!

It wasn't shown in the history of uses.

I changed the triggers on "Order status to activate coupon processing" from "Confirmed" to "Confirmed by the buyer", as set to Virtuemart.

I apologize if the name I use for the triggers are not correct. I'm translating and I'm not sure that are the same that you use.

So, please, can I do some gift certificate that can be charged in the balance and some gift certificate that can not, or that maintain its expiration date?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Glad you go it working.  I do not understand the question:

So, please, can I do some gift certificate that can be charged in the balance and some gift certificate that can not, or that maintain its expiration date?

What I can say is if you are using a gift certificate, then you can set the expiration date.   If you are using AwoCoupon balance, then there is no expiration date.  If a user enters a gift certificate into their balance that had an expiration date (before it expires), it gets added to the balance, and it does not expire.
  • Default avatar
    andrea9    
     2 years ago

Thank you for your kindly reply. I try to explain myself better.

I have two kinds of coupons. The first one has an expiration date and it would be used in various purchases until it is expired or out of credit.

The second one is a gift card that we will sell on our website. The gift card has no expiration date and it will be used in several purchases until is out of credit. You should be able to load it on the balance amount.

I hope I clarify my question,
    Thanks
    Diana
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Ok, so they are both gift certificates?  You can load both into the balance as long as the gift certificate has not expired.