Integration for 'Events Booking - Joomla Events Registration' by joomdonation

• Default avatar
    necati    
     4 years ago

Hello,

I'm using the AwoCoupon Pro to sell Gift certificates on a client's website.
    The website uses the events booking component from joomdonation and currently there are two coupon-systems:
    1. AwoCoupon for virtuemart
    2. events booking coupons

Is there any way to integrate awocoupon into the events booking component?
    If not, how can I validate and unpublish awocoupon coupons in php, so I can build the integration by myself?

Thanks in advance, any kind of assistance is highly appreciated.
  • Default avatar
    necati    
     4 years ago

Hello again,

I've begun to implement support for awocoupon pro in the events booking component.

The validation and redeeming functionalities (just the basics) already working nicely on the events booking-side without the need of customizing any awocoupon classes. This is pretty easy by overriding two events booking classes.

Now I'm stuck at updating the model inside awocoupon.

For example: I have an event that costs 150€ (vat included). How can I mark the coupon as used and / or decrement it's available balance?

I've looked into the source and I think I've to create history records for the coupon.

I haven't found a controller or helper class that makes this possible without being tied to the virtuemart-context (order-id and so on).

Also, how I can check the left value of an coupon with just the coupon-code?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

To mark a coupon as used, yes you are right, you simply have to create a history record, as is done in
       class-awocoupon-library-discount.php
           AwoCoupon_Library_Discount::save_coupon_history

Also, how I can check the left value of an coupon with just the coupon-code?
    If you are referring to gift certificate balance
        class-awocoupon-library-coupon.php
           AwoCoupon_Library_Coupon::get_giftcert_balance

• Default avatar
    necati    
     4 years ago

Hello seyi,

thank you very much for your assistance.
    I've managed to implement the basic features.

Am I allowed to upload my customizations in a public github repository, so other people can use or enhance this integration?
    If required, I can let you see the modifications I made. No one of awocoupons classes are modified or will be inside the repository. Just my own implementation of `save_coupon_history` and the use of awocoupons classes.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago  last edited 4 years ago

Hello,

Its fine, you can upload your customizations to github.

Free free to post the link here.
  • Default avatar
    necati    
     4 years ago

Hello Seyi,

thank you for reviewing my request.
    I've made the repository public now: https://github.com/SphinxGraph/EventsBooking.AwoCoupon

This customization includes a slightly different workflow when saving coupon history:
    Instead of notifying the 'manager'-user, this customization notifies the registrant about any left balance on the gift certificate.

Feeback is highly appreciated.