Refer a freind affiliate tracking

• Default avatar
    gemma2    
     11 years ago

Hi there,

I have a client that offers a referral program to their customers where they make $10 for every referral for new members to their business.

Ideally I would like for the affiliates username to be like a coupon code however with no discount amount and when a customer enters this code upon registration (which is done via purchasing a product in Virtumart 2.0, Joomla 2.5) a $10 commission is applied to the affiliate.

Also would it be possible to have two unique fields on the registration page - i.e one for entering the affiliate code and one for entering a coupon code. The client would also like to be able to offer discount coupons on occasions.

Also Is there any way to automatically create the username coupon code for affilliates on mass import or upon registration?

Any suggestions on how these things could be implemented would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Gemma

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

It sounds like you need a hybrid of AwoReferral and AwoAffiliate.

AwoAffiliate give out commission based on the coupon code entered in an order
    AwoReferral gives out reward based on order complete or registration, you can set up a rule for either, and based on the email address used in the invitation form.

What it seems you want is AwoReferral, but instead of using the email address from the invitation form, use the username to process the rules. Is this correct?
  • Default avatar
    gemma2    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes that sounds like what I need - to have the commission assigned to the referrer when someone has entered the referrers username in the registration form and processed the order.

Can you let me know how I can set this up?

Also is there a way to have a referral field added to the VM registration form for people to enter the referrers username in addition to the coupon code field?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Gem
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I think the best thing to do is use AwoReferral, it already comes with a plugin to add a referral on registration, and you can use the rules to setup the commission needed. You would just need to alter the plugin to look for the referral code.

As for adding the referral code and coupon code within the registration, you cannot do that using joomla default registration, but there are components that allow you to add new fields. Here is a component I know of:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/authentication/14303

But to be honest, if you use Virtuemart registration, you can add new fields for registration and you would not need the extendedreg. Not sure what ecommerce package you are using.

Hope that makes some sense.