max limit for gift certificated amount

• Your avatar
    mahoot    
     7 years ago

i found out there is an maximum amount on awocoupon which stops admin to make gift more than 1.000.000 amount value.

what should i do???
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Is that 1 million? If so are you entering it without any punctuation (dots or commas like this)

If not you would receive an error. You should be able to enter a value as high as what the database column is set to, this should be over 2 billion.
  • Your avatar
    mahoot    
     7 years ago

yes one million & it is without . or , when i enter it and press save coupon it will return to 999999.99999

im sure that it is a bug of awocoupon, iv tested on joomla 2.5 virtuemart 2.0.22 & now joomla 3.6 & virtuemart 3.0.17. in all condition it wil return to 1 million maximum.

just something to mention: our currency is rial which is persian/arabic currency.

please help. i need it so much.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

It is a limit of the database column. By default, the database column is set to
    decimal(12,5) DEFAULT NULL

Which would give a max of 7 digits before the decimal: 9,999,999.99999. But yours must be different.

To fix the problem, access the database and run this query:

ALTER TABLE #__awocoupon MODIFY coupon_value DECIMAL(20,5) DEFAULT NULL;

You would have to change #__ to your actual table prefix. The above query will give you up to 15 digits before the decimal.
  • Your avatar
    mahoot    
     7 years ago

gives me this error: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
  • Your avatar
    mahoot    
     7 years ago

done by phpmyadmin visual editor
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Did you change the #__ to your actual table prefix? You would get an error like that if you did not. I tested the sql statement and it does work fine.