Distributor/reseller identifier?

• Default avatar
    Fred    
     8 years ago

Hi!

I was redirected here from the HikaShop forum: I am being asked to create a shop where customer access is dependent of a physical recommendation (as in "I met you, here is the site where you need to log in") and the need to identify customers based on the origin of their coming.
    My idea at this stage is to provide a unique ID per people who send customers and be able to calculate commissions based on this ID.
    Commission can be calculated outside of the site as long as we can make an export with purchases per ID.

Is this something AwoRewards does?

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

With AwoRewards, you can create a custom registration link for each user. So when anybody signs up with one of these links, the customer is automatically tied to the affiliate. There is no restrictions to stop registration if not using one of these links though. So if that is the case in your setup that would have to be developed through a plugin.

Once a customer is tagged to an affiliate, then you can setup points for that affiliate based on certain actions:
    - registration
    - ordering
    - product review
    - and some social actions

So I think it would mostly cover what you are after.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  • Default avatar
    Fred    
     8 years ago

thank you. So to summarize I would have those kind of registration links:
    - domain.com/register/affiliate1
    - domain.com/register/affiliate2

to assign users to each affiliate.

Then domain.com/register/ would still work normally. It could be possible to use a 301 redirect for /register to / and that would prevent non-affiliated registration no?

Thank you.

Fred
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Yes, so registration links will be created for each user, not quite the structure you list though. So when a user goes to one of these registration links, they are sent to AwoRewards, where a session cookie is added to indicate the affiliate, and then they are forwarded to the normal registration page, domain.com/register. So this page does need to remain.

So a small plugin would have to be written to enforce make sure that the affilate cookie exist on the registration page, and if not then redirect to the homepage.
  • Default avatar
    Fred    
     8 years ago

ok I see. Well thank you for the clarification. Would that plugin be an extension of AwoRewards, or a separate application? What I am asking is basically if there is a (documented) framework to develop the plug-in, if this is something "easily" done by me (I do have some development knowledge, albeit not that great) or do I need somehow very familiar with writing Joomla! components/plug-ins or PHP?

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

It is a separate application.

If you have never written a plugin and dont understand the concepts, you probably need somebody to write it. If you can write a simple plugin, then can do it yourself.