Gift certificates with editable value in Virtuemart?

• Default avatar
    herr_schoen    
     8 years ago

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution for one of my clients Virtuemart shop and I wonder if AWOCoupon can do that.

The Client is an amusement park and they want to sell gift certificates. But there are a few things about it:

- The certificates shall not be send automatically, as the prepare them themselves on paper and send them by mail
    - The Shopper should be able to add his own preferred value. So, the product value is "empty", the shopper adds it himself
    - If the shopper wants to order more than one certificate of course the values should not be put together.

I hope I could describe it clear enough :)

Is there a chance to make this with AWOCoupon?

Best regards from Germany
    Andreas
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

To answer each of your points:

1) there is no option to disable the gift certificate from being sent to the customer. If that is the case, what is the purpose of using a gift certificate at all? You can just use a normal product not tied to a gift certificate. Or if it is just for the image created, then you can alter the code to mail the gift certificate to an admin who at a later point can print it.

2) this really depends on the shopping cart. With Virtuemart for example, there is a free extension that would allow the customer to set their own price. AwoCoupon and create the gift certificate based on the purchase price

3) not sure what you mean. for every certificate ordered a new image is created. So if the customer ordered 3 gift certificates in an order, they would receive 3 different images by email.

Hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any further.
  • Default avatar
    herr_schoen    
     8 years ago

Hi,

you showed me the right way! Indeed the Plug-In "Name the Price for Virtuemart" is exactly what I need.

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards
    Andreas