Facebook publish_action

• Default avatar
    serena    
     8 years ago

maybe i 'm not explaining correctly! there is no way the app will be approved unless you change the way the post in submitted on facebook! your module needs a prefilled message: facebook requires that the message field is filled by the user only! so you should use in your module opengraph instead of the image and prefilled message. ... does it make sense now?
    please check this link to see the image which explains what i am encountering on facebook dev page
    http://postimg.org/image/zao92u60z/
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

If you use the {customer_note} field, it is a text area that is not pre-filled with anything.

Do not understand what you mean by using opengraph in the module.

Can you explain it further?
  • Default avatar
    serena    
     8 years ago

did you check the picture in the link i posted? that's all the explaination given by facebook.
    your module needs something to be written in the {customer_note} : facebook wants the customer to self compile that field
    your module output on the profile looks quite different from the picture i posted to you!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

did you check the picture in the link i posted?
    ==> yes

that's all the explaination given by facebook.
    ==> ok

your module needs something to be written in the {customer_note} : facebook wants the customer to self compile that field
    ==> no, the customer note field is blank, and the customer can self compile it.

your module output on the profile looks quite different from the picture i posted to you!
    ==> correct, looks do not have to be the same
  • Default avatar
    peter49    
     8 years ago

I'm afraid Serena is right, Facebook has changed its protocol and now the FB app has to be approved before it can be used to post messages to someone's timeline. This is the checklist of the required settings for approval:
    http://www.saintbasics.com/images/FB_developers.png

This means:

• no pre-defined content (so no customer url or coupon?)

• a Facebook-branded submit button

The social rewards from AwoRewards that previously worked fine, now generate the following error:
    (#200) Requires extended permission: publish_actions

Apparently to use the 'public_actions' functions, you have to get your app reviewed.

I tried to fiddle with the following app settings:
    App Details > App Center Listed Platforms > Configure App Center Permissions > Auth Token Parameter: URI Fragment > API Version and App Center Permissions > publish_pages

But this didn't solve it.

So ... anybody got an idea how to get it working again?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Ok, think I will add a new type, Share on Facebook Timeline, which will use the feed dialog instead. This does not need approval from Facebook.

Looking to get it in on the next update.
  • Default avatar
    peter49    
     8 years ago

Great, thnx, looking forward to that!
  • Default avatar
    peter49    
     7 years ago

This comment has been moved here.