Discount to be applied to each product that is applicable

• Default avatar
    liam67    
     8 years ago

Hello,
    I think I might be being silly and not have the correct settings for a coupon I've created but I need the coupon to apply to a category but for every product within that category that is added to basket (no matter how many they add).

So for example somebody adds 10x Product X to the basket I need the discount to be applied to all 10x of the product rather than just the first one.

Kind regards
    Liam
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Yes, not sure why you are having problems with this, it does not require much extra settings. Here is how to set it up:

Function type: coupon
    Discount type: specific
    Value: (your discount)
    Asset: Category -> select the categories it should apply to
  • Default avatar
    liam67    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    I have those settings exactly the same already, however if I add 3x a product to the basket for example the discount is only applied to 1x product.

For example:
    Product X (£18.95) should be discounted by £10.00 for each unit. I have 3x Product X in basket equating to £56.85 however only £10.00 is discounted to the total amount leaving £46.85 remaining to be paid.

Kind regards
    Liam
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Are you using an amount discount? If so that is the problem. It does not discount for each product added to the cart in an amount discount, that is the total amount of discount that can be given. If you want it to discount for each product, then you would have to use a percentage discount.

Or the other option is using value definition:

qty discount
    1 10
    2 20
    3 30

Obviously the downside to this is you have to enter the max number of lines as you believe a customer would purchase.
  • Default avatar
    liam67    
     8 years ago

Ahhh that was the problem. I changed to percentage and it worked as expected so thank you very much.

Kind regards
    Liam