AwoCoupon not read into AwoRewards and not explanation for Coupon to Copy

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     8 years ago

Hello Support

I just purchased your AwoRewards and downloaded your AwoCoupon free. Following are issues when try to set the coupons up:

1/ I created a 'discount for orders after certain value' in the AwoCoupon free, but it does not show up at 'coupon to copy' in AwoRewards
    2/ what is the function of 'coupon to copy'. I read through your example/doc, but could not find related info

The two coupons I am trying to set up
    1/ ?% for new registeration
    2/ ?% for orders over certain $

best regards

En jie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

AwoRewards does not work with AwoCoupon Free. It does with AwoCoupon Pro. And coupon to copy is the coupon created in your store, in your case Virtuemart coupons.
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     8 years ago

Hello Seyi

thank you for your reply.

I am a bit confused here. (First time use your app)

1/ Does AwoRewards generates coupons on its own, or it requires a second app (Awocoupon Pro or VM) to generate the coupons for it to email out? I do not seem to be able to get clear instruction on this.
    2/ What does 'coupon to copy' mean? what is the implication of this selection?
    3/ The coupon functions required by our site as indicated above to my understanding are quite basic. Do I need to get the Awocoupon Pro ALSO to full fill those or I have purchased the wrong app?
    4/ I have managed to generated a new registration coupon. When I entered it at vm checked out, there was not cost deduction at all. (coupon not working!)

Your advice on above will be greatly appreciated.

regards

En Jie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

1. AwoRewards requires a coupon system to generate coupons, so either AwoCoupon Pro or Virtuemart coupons
    2. 'Coupon to copy', this is a coupon created in Virtuemart, and when a customer qualifies for this rule, that coupon is copied in AwoRewards with a new code which can be used at checkout
    3. AwoCoupon Pro is not required. If the coupons you create through Virtuemart coupons are enough then you are fine
    4. The original coupon to copy you entered in the rule, if you use that at checkout, does it work? It should be a copy of that coupon and so should work just as the orignal
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     8 years ago

Hello Seyi

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I have now got a further issues and I am a bit confused where it is from (VM, template or Aworewards): the coupons are generated by vm and aworewards, but when applied one at the checkout, the discount displayed (correct!). When i confirm the order however, that total amount (without discount) is the 'total' cost of the order.

I was wondering if you know where this error may be from?

(I have replied your previous private message with this regard, not knowing which one is the preferred method of correspondence. Only one reply is required and sorry for the double posting.)

best regards

En Jie

Plus, I have contacted our template provider and just got their testing feedback: "It appears to be a VirtueMart component issue. Coupon code gets removed for every actions that you make after applying the the coupon."
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Yes, I think you are having a virtuemart issue. You already disable the AwoCoupon Free plugin, so there is no interaction between AwoCoupon and the checkout. YOu still have AwoRewards-VMCoupon enabled, but this does not interact with coupons in the front end either. It is strictly there to check when an order status has been updated and if a reward should be handed out or not.

I have not seen this issue with coupons not staying in the cart for a while. There was an issue with a much older version of Virtuemart, which I posted to Virtuemart forum here:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120972

This seems to be a new problem. I would try disabling the template and using virtuemart default to see if it makes a difference. Also try using a different payment method (standard).
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     8 years ago

Hello Seyi

A couple of responses:

1/ "You already disable the AwoCoupon Free plugin,"
    Response: I suspect this may have something to do with it. I tried to un-installed it from extension manager, but the back end Virtuemart component 'Awocoupon virtuemart' stays. Would this have anything to do with it (some bits left over)? How would I be able un-installed it completely?

2/"I have not seen this issue with coupons not staying in the cart for a while. There was an issue with a much older version of Virtuemart, which I posted to Virtuemart forum here:"

Response: as you can see on our development site, this is a site to upgrade to the latest VM 3.0.8.

3/"This seems to be a new problem. I would try disabling the template and using virtuemart default to see if it makes a difference."
    Response: the template supplier has done all this and checked thoroughly with the feedback provided in the previous message.

4/ " Also try using a different payment method (standard)."
    Response: the standard checkout/payment is working happily. Just the coupons (even a coupon 'testgift' created from VM directly) are not having any effect, and the coupon status at vm coupon stay permanently 'not used'. (feel free to use the credentials i provided in the private email to check the back end.)

Best regards

En Jie

update:

I seem to have made some progress by renaming 'com_awocoupon' (although it is disabled and un-installed) from the file manager to force the admin 'Awocoupon Virtuemart' component into 404. I then first time got a coupon working since the Awocoupon Virtuemart install. Will conduct further testing, but at this staging the issue seems to be associated with the Awocoupon Virtuemart's inability to be 'disabled' or 'un-installed'. I still have it under my components(404), not sure how to get rid of it completely/thoroughly?

Also, there is outstanding question (through email): with orders over certain volume coupon, we would like to offer a percentage coupon, say get a 10% discount coupon for orders over $120 but NOT the actual percentage value of the previous order. Is this possible?

regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

What is the problem with uninstalling AwoCoupon? Might be better to rename it back to com_awocoupon. Reinstall the component and then uninstall it again.

If you have disabled the plugin awocoupon - vmcoupon, then it has no effect on proccessing the coupon, it is never called. You can uninstall the plugin separately from the component.

There is actually another plugin that gets installed with the free version, VMPayment - AwoCoupon. Make sure that is also disabled/uninstalled.

In your order rule, remove the percentage you entered under "Percent of Order Total". Then make sure your coupon template is a 10% coupon.
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     8 years ago

Hello Seyi

Thanks again for the reply.

"What is the problem with uninstalling AwoCoupon? Might be better to rename it back to com_awocoupon. Reinstall the component and then uninstall it again.

If you have disabled the plugin awocoupon - vmcoupon, then it has no effect on proccessing the coupon, it is never called. You can uninstall the plugin separately from the component.

There is actually another plugin that gets installed with the free version, VMPayment - AwoCoupon. Make sure that is also disabled/uninstalled."

Re: I will continue to work on this and feedback to you.

"In your order rule, remove the percentage you entered under "Percent of Order Total". Then make sure your coupon template is a 10% coupon."
    Re: everything else is set accordingly, apart I do not seem to be able to 'In your order rule, remove the percentage you entered under "Percent of Order Total".' I removed it (blank) and save, it just came back as 10, and if I put it to 0, no coupon will be generated.

Your advice on the later will be appreciated.

regards

En Jie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Yes, I can reproduce that error of the percent of order total not going away. Will get that fixed for the next update. In the mean time, you can disable/delete that rule and just create a new one where you leave that field blank.