How to get the Facebook ID/Secret etc ?

• Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

I have sorted the Twitter API thats easy but i dont understand how to get the Facebook details. there are loads of options at https://developers.facebook.com/ can someone give me a walkthrough please ?

thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

For facebook, once logged at https://developers.facebook.com/, go to "My Apps". There you can create new apps.
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

yep thanks - not really a "walkthrough" but helps! I cant find the "Consumer Key" where do i get that or dont i really need it ?
    thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

If you are just using facebook like, then you do not need to fill in that information. If you are using facebook post to wall, enter your app id also in the consumer key field. Please not you would have to go through the facebook approval process for posting to facebook wall.
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

thanks can just clarify what this means :

"Please not you would have to go through the facebook approval process for posting to facebook wall."
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

It means when you create an api with Facebook, you do not have automatic rights to post to facebook wall. In order to get those rights, you have to go to status review and request access to "public_actions".
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

I see thanks
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

Back to this one now:
    I uninstalled awocoupon after a bit of a nightmare with it and reinstalled and now its working fine, or at least i can register it.

I followed your new instructions to create a FB like coupon reward and that seems to have saved ok, i then created a module to promote it - when published the website doesnt show - i just get a white page, no error message or anything so had to turn that off ?
    I have then created a page to promote the new rule - this works in that it creates a coupon and sends it via email but the coupon doesnt work in the store ?

https://www.topiary-balls.co.uk/homepage-savrow-topiary-balls/like-us-and-save-money

any ideas please ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

go to awocoupon->configuration->error messages, click the debug button and save. Then test the coupon again to see why it is not working.
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

It is telling me the Customer not logged in - but the coupon code should work for anyone shouldnt it ? i cant see in the admin who the customer is set to ?
    thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

If you are seeing that error then the coupon is set to work for a specific user. And the customer would have to log in to use it.

And on the coupon list, there is the details image, if you click on it, you will see the full details of the coupon.
  • Default avatar
    gingerweb    
     9 years ago

now the error is (Include) State !!
    isnt there a simple way of just allowing the coupons all the time ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Include State maens you selected certain states/provinces to include when creating the coupon. When you tried to use the coupon in the front end, you were not in one of the included states.

And yes, if you set no restrictions when creating a coupon then it will work all the time.