Upgraded to 1.5.0 and coupons stopped working

• Default avatar
    brian4    
     11 years ago

I have had a working integration of AWOcoupon Pro and Rupostels one page checkout for the past 10 months and then last week I upgraded AWO to 1.5.0 and now awo and rupostel don't pass the details to my payment provider.

It has been sugested in another thread that it is rupostels problem however they previously worked fine together... if AWO isn't willing to help find the fix can I please downgrade again?

How do I get the old version from last December back again?

Brian
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Brian,

It is not feasible to support 3rd party plugins that plug into Virtuemart. If it works without opc then you would need to get a solution from the 3rd party you are using. With that being said, if you are having the exact same problem as the post you are referring to:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/coupon-works-checkout-instantly-removed-when-one-goes-past-checkout

Then the solution below should work for you. The developer of rupostel opc emailed it to me
    problem:
    coupon works only at the cart page, but does not work when the order
    is submitted

solution:
    \components\com_onepage\ajax\ajaxhelper.php

function processCoupon(&$d, $after_login=1)
             if (method_exists($ps_coupon_process, 'init_coupon_session'))
               {
           $ps_coupon_process->init_coupon_session();
           $rate = $_REQUEST['shipping_rate_id'];
               $d['coupon_code'] =  $saved_coupon;
              /// FIX was done in the following line, original:
    $_REQUEST['coupon_code'] = $saved_coupon;
               $_REQUEST['coupon_code'] = $_POST['coupon_code'] = $saved_coupon;

the reason for this error was that this line returned no coupon codes
    even when $d['coupon_code'] and $_REQUEST['coupon_code'] was set in
    file:
    \administrator\components\com_awocoupon\helpers\vm_coupon.php

$multiple_coupons = explode(';',JRequest::getVar( 'coupon_code', '', 'post' ));

I will implement the fix in OPC1 for VM1 in the next release.

As for downgrading, it depends what you were using before, but more than likely you would have to uninstall your current version to install a downgraded one.
  • Default avatar
    brian4    
     11 years ago

Thanks for the advice, uninstalling and reinstalling is not a problem... it's ok to lose my current data and coupons as I can re do them. Losing the ability to do coupons entirely while we wait for OPC to be upgraded to suit the new version of AWO is really bad for my business.

I don't know what version we were using before but I do have the files backed up, can I simply copy and paste the admin/components/awo files over the top of the new instal or do I need to do a reinstall from a download?

Where would I find my previous awo version written in the backup files and would you guys mind re-supplying an old version to download?

Best,

Brian

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

What version?

If you have backed files you can get what you want from that. You will need to copy all the files in for com_awocoupon AND all the database tables for #__awocoupon, where #_ is your database prefix.

Did you first check to make sure it works with Virtuemart with opc disabled? If it does not work then you are dealing with a different problem and downgrading might not solve it.