AwoCoupon,Joomla,Hikashop and Paypal

• Default avatar
    Bigionline    
     9 years ago

Hello,
    how is it possibile to configurate AwoCoupon pro and Hikashop so that a gift certificate will be send automatically by mail after the payment of PayPal?

Thanks so much for an answer.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.3.6
    AwoCoupon pro 2.3.4
    HikaShop Starter 2.3.4
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

First, have you set up the system as in this blog:
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

If you are just having problems with the email being set, then in awocoupon->configuration->gift certificate tab, make sure that the Order Status is set to your confirmed order status. Then move the order to that status and the email should go out.
  • Default avatar
    Bigionline    
     9 years ago

Thanks Seyi for answering so immediately.

My problem is not to send the mail containing the gift certificate.

I setted everything like you indicated to me.

Doing like this the mail starts automatically at the moment the customer confirms the purchase at the check out but before the payment is done by PayPal.

To avoid that this doesn’t happen, I’ve to sett the order status defined in advance in Hikashop in “create”.

After this I’ve to change manually the order status in the case orders in “confirmed” when the payment is done.

I would like to know, if there is a possibility to start this mail automatically but only after the payment of PayPal but without my intervention.

Is there a way that all this happens automatically?

Kind regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I think I understand now.

So when a customer selects the payment method paypal and submits the order, the order status for that order is moved to confirmed? And what is the order status after payment?

A normal configuration would have something similar to this:
    - When the order is created => created status
    - When the order is paid => confirmed status

Is there a reason you have the order confirmed before payment?
  • Default avatar
    Bigionline    
     9 years ago

Hello,

this is my configuration:

AwoCoupon configuration - Gift Certificate Products

Order status for sending automatic email: confirmed

HikaShop Paypal payment plugin configuration

Specific configuration

Allow payment notifications from PayPal: yes

Invalid status: canceled

Pending status: created

Verified status: confirmed

Return method: yes

HikaShop  System configuration - Order

Default order status: created    

Payment confirmed order status: confirmed

With this Hikashop system configuration-order the mail with the Gift Certificate is sent only after I have changed manually the order status to confirmed.

If the default order status is confirmed, the mail with the Gift Certificate is automatically sent without that the payment has been made by PayPal.

What can I do that the order status is automatically moved from created to confirmed?

Kind regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I do not think setting your default order status to confirmed makes sense as this is the order status assigned to new order. This is out of the Hikashop documentation:

Default order status : You can set here the order status which will be assigned to a new order.

This really should be "created" unless you have some type of special circumstance. The bottom line is the gift certificate is sent when the order status changes to the order status you set in AwoCoupon configuration, "confirmed". so if you set your default order to confirmed, then yes, the gift certificate would be sent on order creation before the customer pays.

So looking at your configuration, this should work well. When the order is created, it goes into the created status. And after the order is paid for, it should then go into the 'confirmed' status, which will then trigger AwoCoupon to send the gift certificate email. Sounds to me like you have a problem with the order automatically moving to 'confirmed' after the customer has paid? If that is the case, this is really a paypal plugin issue. For that you should contact Hikashop.
  • Default avatar
    Bigionline    
     9 years ago

Hello,
    In fact it was a configuration problem of PayPal and the Hikashop plugin.
    Now I found the solution.

Thanks for the assistance