Gift Certificate Adds Shipping

• Default avatar
    emily0    
     11 years ago

Hi
    I've just installed and set-up AWO Coupon Pro and am in the process of testing before going live (version 1). I'm using it to set-up gift certificates in our online store. However when I run a test order shipping is added to the order (which of course shouldn't apply as the certificate is emailed).

I've read in the forum a fix that includes using the standard shipping module and free shipping on orders with a 0 weight. However this will not work for me as all the products in my store have a zero weight as I use the ship value module so weights aren't needed.

I also tried the code hack you listed to skip shipping on the specific ID's of gift certificates.... this appeared to work - but then no email was sent and no coupon code recorded in the backend.

How else would I go about disabling shipping on certificates!! I"m at a loss - so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Em
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

That forum you found for free shipping of gift certificates is the only solutions I know of.

After taking out the bugs, never had a problem with the hack. It should not affect emails being sent at all. Are you saying without the hack the automatic gift certificate email gets sent and after adding it, it doesnt anymore?
  • Default avatar
    emily0    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi

Thank you for your reply. Of course you are right - the hack works perfectly. I was stupidly testing an order using 'bank transfer' as payment method... and because I hadn't gone to the orders and changed the status from pending to confirmed - no email was generated. All is working perfectly now. Thank you for a great component :)

Cheers
    Em
  • Default avatar
    pashaclinic    
     11 years ago

Hello,

You mention in this thread that there is a hack posted somewhere so that Gift Certificates with zero weight entered in the product info results in free shipping. I need to be able to sell Gift Certificates without charging shipping, so can you please send me the link to this hack as I cannot find it?

Thanks
    Simon
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Simon,

There are 2 solutions here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/shipping-option-required

One is a hack by me and another is using the standard shipping module.