Tutorial / documentation how to use AwoRewards & AwoCoupon with facebook promotions?

• Default avatar
    michael935    
     9 years ago

Hi,

I just bought AwoRewards and AwoCoupon to enable rewards for liking our site on facebook. But I did not find out how to setup AwoRewards and AwoCoupon to manage that.

This is the task:

If somebody likes us on facebook he shall get a reward/coupon that will grant him a € 2,- EUR discount on our online shop (hikashop).

Can you provide me a step-by-step documentation/tutorial on how to set everything up so that it will work?

Regards
    Michael
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

First you setup the coupon template in AwoCoupon:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/tutorials/how-create-coupon-template

Then in AwoRewards, you create the rule:
    Rule Type: Like our facebook fanpage
    Username: Enter the fanpage vanity url
    Also enter marketing header/description
    Credit Type: Coupon - AwoCoupon
    Coupon Template: select the coupon template you created
    Profile: Select a proofilek, configurable in awocoupon->tools->profiles
    Save

In aworewards->configutation->external api, make sure facebook is enabled and you have entered an application id
  • Default avatar
    michael935    
     9 years ago

Hello seyi,
    thank you.

Some more questions to your last line: What is that fb application id and how do I get it?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Here is how yahoo explains it:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-merchant-solutions/facebook-application-sln18861.html
  • Default avatar
    michael935    
     9 years ago

ok, thank you.

Last question: how can I make this function/reward available on my website? I mean, there should be some promotion text with link (like button) so that people click on it and go to facebook and like us and get the reward, shouldn't it?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Yes, there should.

There are 2 ways, either through a module or a promotional page:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/aworewards/site/promotions
  • Default avatar
    michael935    
     9 years ago

ah, I see. Thank you.
  • Default avatar
    michael935    
     9 years ago

Hi,

2 issues:

1. your plugin AwoReward seems to disturb checkout process of hikashop:

Error:
    1146 Table 'hoerschi_ff.laxv2_Hikashop_address' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT CONCAT(address_firstname," ",address_lastname) FROM laxv2_Hikashop_address WHERE address_id=2

I am sure it is AwoReward, because when I disable all AwoReward plugins, checkout works fine without any issues.

2. I installed the module and it looks fine except the box (iFrame) that opens when trying to place a like: it is way too small to show its content (in Safari Browser) and so nobody can like us. Also I am not sure what to set for "consumer key" in configuration? In Firefox it opens a new modal window, and asks me to login into facebook. After doing that, nothing happens. "Like us" seems not to work :(

Could you check/fix the issue on our frontend? live-site: http://demo.hoerschiff.at/vorbestellung

regards
    Michael
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

1) Yes, the database is case sensitive, and AwoRewards is calling the table
    laxv2_Hikashop_address

instead of:
    laxv2_hikashop_address

To fix please edit this file:
    www/administrator/components/com_aworewards/helpers/estore/hikashop/rewardshandler.php, line 47 is this
    <?php
    $db
    ->setQuery('SELECT CONCAT(address_firstname," ",address_lastname) FROM #__Hikashop_address WHERE address_id='.(int)$order->order_billing_address_id);
    ?>

Please change it to this
    <?php
    $db
    ->setQuery('SELECT CONCAT(address_firstname," ",address_lastname) FROM #__hikashop_address WHERE address_id='.(int)$order->order_billing_address_id);
    ?>

For number 2, I believe the problem is the module is not checking to see if the user is logged in on not. So when clicking liked not logged in, it tries to give the reward, but cannot find the user details. You can see in the promotions link, the user is forced to log in first:
    index.php?option=com_aworewards&view=promotions

I will send you a private message with an updated module.