user profile

• Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Hi to all,

Our website has a system that virtuemart coupons can be seen in user profiles. Now the question is how is it possible to Awocoupons also be sent to user profiles.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

what system is it? I am really not sure, seems you would have to add custom code to show coupons in user profile.
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

hi Seyi,

It is based on RSJoomla form. The generated coupons in virtuemart system can be sent by this form through admin and then they will be visible in the user profile in a table automatically. But awrewards generated coupons are not visible in the form to be sent even manually. However, I am looking for a solution that the awreward generated coupon be visible automatically in the user profile table in addition to emails which are being sent currently.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Ok, not familiar with this. AwoRewards coupons can be generated for AwoCoupon or Virtuemart. So if you choose virtuemart then you should be able to see the coupons in the form.

Currently the coupons generated in AwoRewards can bee seen in the payments section:
    index.php?option=com_aworewards&view=payment

If they are coupons within the AwoCoupon system, they should also be visible there:
    index.php?option=com_awocoupon
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Dear Seyi,

Thank you for your information. The payment section of awrewards is not fit to my website template. how can I modify it? Besides, is it possible to change its language?

Best regards
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Problem solved. The only thing is that how can I change the language of this section (list of coupons in user area) to my website language?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Great, glad to hear it.

The english language files for AwoCoupon and AwoRewards are here:

www/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_awocoupon.ini
    www/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_aworewards.ini

To do translations, you can copy those files, make the modifications and then enter the modified file in your language folder.
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Dear Seyi,

Thank you for your information.
    I cannot set the Awrewards emails in my website main language. It just appears ???
    They must be in English to be sent correctly. The same thing happens when I modify coupon errors massage. Can you help with regard to it?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

You can change the language for profile emails and error messages by changing the language used in admin and then modifying each. AwoCoupon keeps track.
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Unfortunately it does not keep track. It just show question mark instead of letters.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

By using the term 'keeps track', I mean for each language you can enter different texts. Is this happening?

When you say "It just show question mark instead of letters.", it sounds like the text you enter is being converted question marks? What is the text? Have you tried another editor?
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Dear Seyi,

I can write in my original language (Persian)in the editor in order to write the amails of Awreward. But after saving, it does not show the text which I wrote, but shows question mark instead. The same thing happens when I write the coupon errors in Persian letters. What can I do?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Can you give an example of the text you are using? I would like to test it locally. Also what version of Joomla is this, and what editor are you using?
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Dear Seyi,
    This is an example of text:

??? ???? ?????????? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ????????? ?? ??? ????

Joomla version: 2.5.19
    Editor: tinyMCE

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Cant seem to reproduce it. So just to be clear of the problem, when editing a profile using tiny mce in AwoCoupon, the characters are returned as questions marks. But if you try editing an article in Joomla content, it works fine. If this is the case, then I would guess there is a problem with the encoding of the table in the database. For this open up the database using phpmyadmin and look for the table #__awocoupon_lang_text, verify that the encoding for the table is utf8. Also look at the specific column text and make sure the encoding there is also utf8.
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Dear Seyi,

Lots of Thanks. Problem solved.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Great, you are welcome, glad it is now solved.
  • Default avatar
    sinaskandary    
     9 years ago

Hey Seyi,
    Some items are not available in language file like: "product review","creadit type"
    What should I do to translate them?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

All the language information is in the languages files, so either here:

www/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_aworewards.ini

or here

www/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_aworewards.ini

You can copy those files into your language folder and translate, or you can use joomla language overrides, found in extensions->language->override tab, to make some translations.