For Shipping coupons, discount is being subtracted before tax. It needs to happen after tax.

• Default avatar
    greg16    
     9 years ago

For Shipping coupons, discount is being subtracted before tax. It needs to happen after tax. Calculate the discount before tax (Coupons) is set to 'No'.

Here is what the order total looks like:

SubTotal: $199.11 $0.00 $0.00 $199.11
    Coupon Discount $-27.82
    IM Sales Tax (IL) $0.00 $0.00
    Food Sales Tax (IL) $1.71 $1.71
    Shipment Fee: $27.82 $0.00 $27.82
    Payment Fee: $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Total: $1.71 $0.00 $200.82

Shipping cost is being removed first, causing the tax amount (1%) to be incorrect.
  • Default avatar
    greg16    
     9 years ago

I renewed my subscription and updated to the latest version of Coupon. Checking again for the order issue.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Is this resolved?
  • Default avatar
    greg16    
     9 years ago

Ah. Felled by the preview button again! I thought I had replied. Anyway, no, the problem still persists after the upgrade: For shipping coupons, the discount is being subtracted before tax, breaking the tax calculation.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Ok, need a little more detail. What version of Virtuemart is this? Your tax calculation, is it setup as tax per bill? And do you have any extensions enabled on the tax calculation rule?
  • Default avatar
    greg16    
     9 years ago

Seyi, it is VM 2.026d. Yes, tax per bill. Extensions - do you mean another plugin? No, I don't have anything else calculating tax, no extensions.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Is this the latest version of AwoCoupon?

Also how did you setup your shipping coupon?

Can you also give a before and after of the totals?

In creating the shipping method, did you select a tax specific for that method? Or are you applying default rules?

Much easier if possible: can you just send me temporary acccess over private message so I can have a look at it myself?