Order Email Dynamic Tags - expiry date?

• Default avatar
    posnow    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I've just bought the Awocoupon Email plugin, is there an expiry date tag that I can use to email template to send out to the customer showing when the coupon code will expire?

Regards
    Fred
  • Default avatar
    posnow    
     11 years ago

Also, is it possible to set the coupon to allow any customer? The reason is that I have guest checkout page and it might not link to a registered user, will that work?

Regards,
    Fred
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello Fred,

Get the latest version of AwoCoupon Email (1.0.4). It now contains the tag {coupon_expiration} and also an option to set the coupon exclusively to the customer or not.
  • Default avatar
    posnow    
     11 years ago

You are amazing Seyi! Thanks so much!
  • Default avatar
    posnow    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I've tested the new version, and I've put it to "non-test" mode and I don't think it's sending out the emails. Is there a log I can check?

Regards,
    Fred
  • Default avatar
    posnow    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

After a few hours, I've received those coupons.

Thanks,
    Fred
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Fred,

Glad it is working. Just so you have an understanding, if you are using registration (and do not have activate account on) then coupon emails are sent automatically in Virtuemart 1. For all other triggers, the plugin periodically checks to see if an order qualifies, or a review has been made, or registration has taken place, and once it finds one it then sends the coupon email. How often it is checked depends on 2 things:
    1) in the plugin setting the Max emails per day. If this is set to 100, then it checks every (3600*24)/100=864 seconds, and limits the number of emails sent to 1.
    2) the number of clicks on your site. If there are no clicks on the site, then it does not matter what number 1 is set to as a click is required to trigger a plugin

Hope this makes sense.