Facebook sharing

• Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

Hi

I created a coupon for the sharing of product on facebook.
    I'm testing and when I press submit, sends me to this white page white
    https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=&redirect_uri=&response_type=code&scope=publish_stream

tell me you know?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Did you setup your facebook api credentials in aworewards->configuration->external api's?
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

No, how do I take the credentials? I need to create a facebook develop account?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

First you sign into facebook, then go to
    https://developers.facebook.com

If you have not done so you might need to first verify the account. Then you can go to apps->'create a new app'

Once that is done, it will give you the credentials you can enter into AwoRewards.
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

Really thank you very much, I'll try now

edit:
    Hi, I entered, I created an app as described. I entered the app id in the settings, but where do I find the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Go to the app you created in facebook and you should see
    - App ID => consumer key
    - App Secret => Consumer secret
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

ok, thanks, but i see this error "The URL you entered is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the URLs entered are not permitted by the settings of the application. The URL must match that of the Website or the main page of the application and the domain must be a subdomain of one of the domains"

Sorry,its my first time on this :-)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

In your facebook app, you have to set the domain that will be using the app. Enter your domain under site url.
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

ok,i set it but have a new problem XD. i see facebook, but have this "App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login."
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

Hi ,
    Forse cercavi: unfortunately I have a new error "(200) (# 200) The user Has not authorized the application to perform this action" I have read that it is a permissions issue, but I do not know how to fix
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

In the app you created, go to the advanced tab and make sure "Client OAuth Login" is set to yes.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

I'm sorry, where are you seeing this error? Is this when using AwoRewards?
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

When you click on the submit form aworeward's module
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Is it possilbe for you to send me temporary admin access by private message so I can view what is going on?
  • Default avatar
    Wugi    
     9 years ago

ok
  • Default avatar
    iRescue.gr    
     9 years ago

We have created a facebook app, we have got the app_id and app_secret and put them in aworewards configuration.
    But when somebody tries to post from the website, the following error appears:
    The parameter app_id is required

Any help?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

In AwoRewards, for facebook, there are 3 fields:
    - application id
    - consumer key
    - consumer secret

You can safely ignore the first "application id". Enter your app key and secret into consumer key and secret.
  • Default avatar
    serena    
     8 years ago

i'm having the same problems seems like the authorization required from facebook side are a little more...complex than only creating the app as you described.. or maybe i'm missing things?i get the error "requires extended permission: publish_action
    if i go to this publish_action on facebook it ask me for a lot of details... including a documenting video on how to use the app... it becomes hard do figure it out..
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Originally you just needed an app to do this, but Facebook changed their rules and it is required to get their approval to use it with other accounts. This is stated on the products page "(requires Facebook review and approval)".
  • Default avatar
    serena    
     8 years ago

yes but now it cant be approved: it autopopulates the message field : "!Pre-filling the user message field is against Platform Policy 2.3 All content has to be manually entered by the user."
    instead it should use the open graph tags.. so right now i can't have my app approved... :(
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

As far as I understand with facebook, if you want to post on a users wall you have to have the permissions for public_action, which you have to get approved. There is really no way around that.
  • Default avatar
    serena    
     8 years ago

This comment has been moved here.