Buy X Get Y discount on overall cart

• Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Hi

I've just had the following enquiry:

We want to off 20% off everything but only when you buy a UK-TEFL manual – do you know how to do this?

And I've been trying to use the AWO Coupon 'Buy X Get Y' option to do this.

I've setup a coupon that is set to reduce all items by 20% in the site apart from the manuals items if they buy an item from the Manuals category.
    It's also set as an automated action.

It almost works, that is is deducts 20% from the first item. Too reduce a second item at present to have to add another item from the Manual section of the site.
    And again if the use add anothor no manual item to the cart a 20% reduction is not applied until anothor manual is added regardless of how many manuals are in the cart.
    This is not what they want.

How do I set it so the reduction are applied to the entire cart (minus any manuals)?
    It would appear that this would fall under the Process Type? But there is no overall cart option.

Can you tell the resolution to this problem.

Many Thanks

• Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Hi

Just a follow up.
    I've noticed that it's the 'Get Y' number that controls this.
    If I set the number to 1 you do as I previously said have to keep adding a new manual for each non manual item.
    If I set this to 4 then so long as there are 4 items in the cart an over discount is applied.

What I need it to do is apply the discount to any total of nin manual items.
    Can the 'Get Y' number be set to auto or something similar?

Thanks again
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Dont think you can use buyx gety coupon for this.

Here is a different approach:

- Coupon A: 0 Discount, select the manual category
    - Coupon B: 20% discount, select every other category
    - Coupon C: Parent coupon, add coupon A and B, and set process type to 'Only if all apply'

Give yout coupon C.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Thank you so much

This works like a charm.

However my client would like it to work it in a slightly different way.
    Just as it is at the moment but apply the 20% discount to all manuals added after the first.
    So the first manual is at full price then every other manual has a 20% discount applied just like all non manual items.

Can this be done?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I dont think so. Is this a coupon code you will be handing out or an automatic coupon. If it is an automatic coupon, or dont mind handing out 2 coupons a customer can enter, you could just create another coupon to handle this situation. it is a little messy as this situation is not really accounted for, but yoiu could create a coupon for just category manual and use the value definition. In doing this, i would use an amount value instead of percent, and it would only work if all manuals are the same price. So lets say 20% of maual price is 5, then you could set up value defintion as such:
    qty
    2 5
    3 10
    4 15
    ..etc
    For as many as you think a user would possible buy.

But if the prices of the manuals are different, then this would not work.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Once again many thanks for for suggestions.

Is there no way of over riding the value definition setting so that is cam apply a percentage reather than a actual value?

Anthony
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

You can apply a percentage instead of amount by setting the 'amount or percentage' field to percent.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Yes that's what did when there was only one discount ie 20% off but will this be applied to the 'Value Definition' popup fields so instead of saying 5, 10, 15 as a exact vaule I could apply a discount of 0% on the 1 item and 20% thereafter?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Unfortunately that will not work, the value definition is not that advanced.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Yes I thought it may not be based on you're previous reply but many thanks again in replying.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Hi

The site in question shas developed a strange problem that has onlt started occurring since I implemented the above couple system.
    When a person successful but an item (with of with out the discount) the site send a request to the credit card clearance site and records a 'pending' state within the order as expected.
    Then if the card is good the card clearance site send a notification back to the system and the order is set to confirmed as expected.
    However where at this stage in the past the site forwards a '200' message (all is OK) back to the clearance site to tell that system that the message has been receieved and recorded my site now send a '500' systme error messge?
    This is resulting in the clearance house continually sending the same message ecer 4 minutes or so for 24 hours? Reuslting in multiple confirmed states within the order.

The onlt thing that has changed is the above 'discount' coupon.
    Can you please help?

Many thanks once again.

Anthony Clarke
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

SORRY I'M PLACING THIS IN AGAIN AS IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN PLACED IN AT THE AT AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T GET BURIED IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS.

Hi

The site in question shas developed a strange problem that has onlt started occurring since I implemented the above couple system.
    When a person successful but an item (with of with out the discount) the site send a request to the credit card clearance site and records a 'pending' state within the order as expected.
    Then if the card is good the card clearance site send a notification back to the system and the order is set to confirmed as expected.
    However where at this stage in the past the site forwards a '200' message (all is OK) back to the clearance site to tell that system that the message has been receieved and recorded my site now send a '500' systme error messge?
    This is resulting in the clearance house continually sending the same message ecer 4 minutes or so for 24 hours? Reuslting in multiple confirmed states within the order.

The onlt thing that has changed is the above 'discount' coupon.
    Can you please help?

Many thanks once again.

Anthony Clarke
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Sorry also as a follow up it appears theta the confirmation email to the user no longer is being sent either?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

This really does not seem to be a problem wtih AwoCoupon. Sounds like you have some custom code that is sending confirmation to the clearing house that seems to not be working?

I would start by disabling the new coupon code. And you can also disable all awocoupon plugins. By doing this, awocoupon would not affect any order, and the process an order through to see how it behaves.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Also might be helpful to turn on debug mode in global configuration which should then display any database errors that are occuring. On a production site, do this minimally as it displays lots of info on the bottom of the page.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Apologies, I missed this post, but have replied to the repost below.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

This is now possible with the latest version of AwoCoupon Pro, 2.2.7 using value definitions. Using your example, you would set it up as such:

qty value
    1 0
    2 20%

• Default avatar
    simon29    
     9 years ago

Hey thanks for the update, I'll take a look at that.