Email not sent to recipient (Hikashop)

• Default avatar
    niamh4    
     10 years ago

Hi,
    I have set up gift certificates successfully using Hikashop Business.

a) Created a product for €50
    b) Created custom fields "recipientname" "recipientemail" "recipientmessage"
    c) Created AWO profile, and a coupon template
    d) Created a Gift Certificate using the profile & template coupon
    e) Updated the configuration to contain the field names above

I can select the product, enter recipient details and purchase the certificate but it only goes to the purchaser, not the seller.
    I have read all the documentation and all the forum entries about this topic, but cannot find what I am doing wrong! The only forum entry relating to Hikashop was solved by PM and the solution was not posted :-(

Can you give me some guidelines on what to check?

Thanks!
    Niamh
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

When you say "it only goes to the purchaser, not the seller" I am assuming you mean it only goes to the purchaser, not the receipient right?

Ok, so if there is problem with pulling the recipient information, the fallback is to automatically send the gift certificate to the purchaser. So I would suggest that you take a look at the custom fields again, and verify that the column names match exactly what you set in awocoupon->configuration->gift certificates. Particularly the email field. There is a check to make sure it is a valid email and if it is not, it automatically sends to the purchaser.
  • Default avatar
    niamh4    
     10 years ago

Sorry! Yes I mean it goes to purchaser not recipient of course!

So I rechecked everything and I did have a slight error in my email address; so that fixed it!

Thank you very much, great and fast support.