:( Shipping Coupon not working. Dunno Why

• Default avatar
    sattwa    
     11 years ago

Hi Y'all,

Dunno what happened, but I am trying to figure out to set an Shipping Coupon: If an order is more then 15 Euros, the shipping cost is free. It worked, so I tried to set it up with a parent and some "normal" coupons. And now I can get it back. In no way I get it to give the 100 procent discount. I read all the posts, but maybe I am missing a very simple thing. I am a little confused right now, please help.

Got some hacks in my scripts, but don't know if it has anything to do wih me problem, because it worked just fine.

Awocoupon Pro 1.4.7
    Joomla 1.5
    VM 1.1.9

BTW. A shoutout to Seyi, for his patient and wonderfull service.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Thank you very much, nice to be appreciated.

I think what you should do is use the shipping coupon (not in the parent) and then within awocoupon->configuration, make sure 'enable shipping coupon before shipping is selected' is enabled, and also on the configuration tab, change all the errors to something more identifiable, then run the coupon in the front end again and hopefully you will have a better idea of why it failed.
  • Default avatar
    sattwa    
     11 years ago

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I followed your instructions. I just defined the shipping coupon without a parent. Enabled " enable shipping coupon before shipping is selected" in configuration. I don't get any errors when I use the coupon, but I don't get result either.

If I use the same coupon, but define it as product I get the discount I want, I get result. But with the flex shipping orthe standard shipping module, nothing happens with the shipping costs. If I run debug in VM i get the following globals:
    $_SESSION: __default=> {Array}
    VMCHECK=>OK
    auth=> {Array}
    cart=> {Array}
    recent=> {Array}
    ps_vendor_id=>1
    minimum_pov=>0.00
    vendor_currency=>EUR
    userstate=> {Array}
    last_page=>checkout.index
    last_browse_parameters=> {Array}
    product_sess=> {Array}
    vmUseGreyBox=>0
    vmCartDirection=>0
    ccdata=> {Array}
    flex%7CSTD%7CStandard+Shipping+under+25%7C1.95=>1
    flex2%7CDPD%7Cverzendkosten%7C3.75=>1
    session_userstate=>
    coupon_redeemed=>1
    coupon_id=>8
    coupon_code=>TEST
    coupon_type=>gift
    coupon_awo_enabled=>1
    coupon_discount=>0
    coupon_awo_shipping_discount=>0
    coupon_awo_productids=>
    coupon_awo_processed_coupons=> {Array}

$vars: page => checkout.index
    checkout_last_step => 1
    option => com_virtuemart
    Itemid => 3
    user_id => 18

So it seems OK to me. But what could I have changed (which file could be hacked?) what results in a disfunctional shipping coupon?

If you need more info, I am glad to provide.

Thanks already
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

it sounds like the coupon processor is not called after the shipping is selected. Take a look in awocoupon->installation check. Do you have the shipping code block installed? If not try installing it and running the coupon code again.

If you would like me to look at it, you can pm me temporary admin and ftp access.