What alternative available for multi-lingual site

• Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Our website uses Hikashop and Falang, and we want to build in some custom loyal program recently. I find that your AwoRewards (I know I need AwoCoupon Pro too) very much fits our need. However, I am not sure for those pages (interfaces) that I need to interact with our customers (e.g. view credit history, send coupon email), can all details be fully translated?

Falang did provide some ContentElement for user download but not having one for AwoRewards yet. Do you know if there is any plan going on? Or, what alternative you can provide or suggest resolve this.

Thank you for your attention and look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I have never worked with Falang, but yes, within the Joomla translation files, everything can be fully translated as you need. The coupon email templates are stored in the database, those are also translateble. The language for the coupon email templates are saved in the language based on your current admin language. So to translate for different language, temporarily change the admin language and edit the templates.
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So, do you mean that I don't need Falang or Joomfish. Joomla's Language Manager / Overrides itself is already enough to translate all customers' interfaces for AwoRewards?

For email, I think I will include both languages on the same email. Do you think it is viable?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

There are 2 ways you can translate the languages for the customer interface:
    1: once downloaded, translate directly the file www/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_aworewards.ini, and change en-GB to your language and put it in the correct folder
    or
    2: you can use joomla interface, in admin->extensions->languages->override, this would take more time in my opinion, much faster to just translate the file

And yes, you can include both languages in the same email.
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

That's great! Thanks a lot.

---------------------------------------
    Sorry I would like to ask an off topic question.

For invitation, is it a customer send one email to invite one friend a time now?

I am thinking if it is possible to use an invitation code.
    Each customer[A] get one invitation code(1), new customer[B] register with this code will get credit(2) to both [A] and oneself.
    Key merit is that [A] can wide spread the code via local forums (on top of social media) very very easily.

(1) it can be system generate, or better be picked by customer like how they pick their ID, easy for them to remember and communicate.
    (2) there are already a lot of mechanism explained here.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I think what you want is a specific coupon code assigned to each sponsor that they can promote? This is not a part of AwoRewards, but what you do have are 2 things that can be used as an alternative:

1) when creating the invitation form, you can set a coupon template to be used in the email. And when the sponsor sends the email in the front end, a unique coupon code is automatically generated for each recipient of the email
    2) another alternative is for the sponsor to promote their registration url. any user registering through that url will automatically be added to the sponsor. Then you can set up a rule that would automatically send a coupon code to the friend on registration.

I hope it is clear.
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi seyi,

It is nothing to do with sponsor, merely customer loyal program.

The idea of "invitation code" is in fact from a mobile game. I find the codes are so widely spreaded across different forums that I think it is something good to learn. (I cannot deny that [B] may not know [A] personally, but still, both get incentive, why not)

I have another concern for the promotion execution.
    [A] invites [B], both [A] & [B] get incentive. If [A]'s incentive is too attractive, I worry that [A] will use different email addresses to pretend to be [B], [C], [D],... So, I want to delay the big incentive. i.e. The invitation incentive is small, but when [B] achieve a certain amount of purchase within a reasonable period, [A] will then receive a handsome incentive. Can it be done?

Best Regards,
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

So for this:

"The invitation incentive is small, but when [B] achieve a certain amount of purchase within a reasonable period, [A] will then receive a handsome incentive. Can it be done?"

It can, but cannot check "reasonable period". You can creete a rule that [A] receives a reward after [B]'s total orders has reached x amount.
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Thanks for your reply and that's good enough already.

Joomla 3.5 is going to be released in this few weeks and I plan to rebuild our website when it is available. AwoRewards will for sure be an indispensable component for it. Will come back by then. ^^

Back to the translation. There is a post here that mentioned about translating "error message" prompted to the customers. I can't recall details. No matter how, as I am going to rebuild our website anyway, could you please let me know if what or where Joomfish can help so that I can make a better judgement earlier.

Million Thanks,

p.s. If you don't want to comment other software in public, please please let me know via email.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

"error message" translation is not currenlty part of AwoCoupon 2 but it has already been developed and will be part of the next update.
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi seyi,

Sorry that because I have not used your products before and have no concrete idea what interfaces or interactions with customers will there be, I'm a bit paranoid. In fact, I have no idea what that "error message" is about. I just don't want to have "surprise".

So, can I say that AwoCouponPro+AwoRewards alone with "Joomla's Language Manager / Overrides" can already handle all related translation requirements?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Yes, this is correct, AwoCoupon + AwoRewards alone with Joomla Language Manager/Overrides can handle all related translation requirements.

Also you can view the products on the demo site, its a Virtuemart store, but AwoCoupon + AwoRewards is the same on Hikashop:

http://demo.awocoupon.com
    http://demo.awocoupon.com/administrator
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi seyi,

Does the demo site be refreshed on regular base? I'm not sure if it is my problem or the data on demo site is too unclean.

(1) I make a C.O.D. order in frontend. coupon code is used. I confirm the order in backend. Then check from frontend the balance of the coupon. Nothing changed! ( I tried logout then login, same result) Did I miss anything?
    (2) Even, I select hammer, on the product page I change the qty to 2, then press check out, the qty automatically jump to 6 everytime. Is it due to some rules set by somebody else before?

Also, I cannot find on the frontend where the customer can check their points earned and redeem it to coupon or paypal. I can only see the coupon one.

I notice in backend, AwoRewards > Credit History, there is an "Add points" orange button at top right hand corner. However, it generate a coupon, not add point. Would like to know if admin can add (and deduct) point to a specific customer, with a transaction record that customer can check, easily?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1) I checked the demo site, there was a problem with recording the history of uses this has been fixed. Please note that balance is only shown on 'gift certificate' function types and not 'coupon' function types

2) Yes, automatic discounts, I have disabled them all so that they do not affect the shopping cart. It was a buy x get y coupon code, that also automatically added get y to the cart

3) The AwoRewards links were not configured, I have now added them.

4) aworewards->credit history->add points. I just tested this and it added points. Are you sure you clicked the right link? You can add points there, you cannot deduct points, but you can delete the credit which is the same as deducting, and the customer can view the credit history in the front end
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for the AwoRewards links. I have created another COD order (#97cb080), use coupon xYNWyDS6V to pay the product price and pay 5€ for shipment. I changed the order status to "confirmed" in VM. On AwoRewards>Credit History, I see a new coupon of 0.05 (1% of 5€ ?), but the product price of 11,88€ is not deducted, while it does on the VM's invoice. (id:dieboat, pwd:112233). Please don't spend too much time to fix this cause I believe a well managed real site cannot go wrong here.

In real life, in our shop, I anticipate that there will be a large amount of mini-value coupons for each customer. Will you consider to let customer to consolidate mini-value coupons into a big one? On AwoRewards>Credit History, add a checkbox per line and a consolidate button. I will announce on our website that customer can send us request email and we do it on admin backend which is not ideal for both our customer and admin.

A recommendation. E-commence goes mobile rapidly. The merit of existing coupon code is (1) bad guys are hard to guess/steal; (2) customers can give/transfer to their friend if want (right?). However, such code (format) is hard to apply/manage on mobile. I can imagine it will be a huge job for "customer dependent coupon code"; i.e. coupon code works only after login specific account (so that it can be short, easy to remember, or even customer can edit the code themselves). But it makes perfect sence for customer loyal program that no transfer is needed. It could be another product line. ^^

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I am not sure I understand the problem with the 0.05 credit. The rule was to give a 1% credit on order total and the order total was 5€. So that amount is correct.

You do not have to setup a rule to give a coupon code on every order. You can set it up to give points instead. And then in aworewards->configuration, you can set it up so that after a certain amount, the customer automatically receives a coupon code and/or the customer can request a coupon code
  • Default avatar
    Savio    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

No problem with the 0.05 credit. The problem is the customer used points to pay the product cost, VM accept as show on the invoice, however the point balance is not deducted resulting the customer get the product free of charge, only pay 99% of delivery fee.

About coupon code, my recommendation is on the code format. Now, it is a 9-12 digit code; no matter random or not, it is long. With "login id dependent coupon code" the code can be, say, 3 digits without sacrificing much security concern.