Automatic Discount Query

• Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

Hello and happy new year,

Is it possible to have automatic discount also remove applicable coupons when customer's cart is no longer eligible for coupon? In my case I have a buy x for y auto coupon which applies once the customer's cart has the minimum requirement. Now, the problem is when a customer's cart no longer qualifies for the coupon, they are forced to remove the item from basket in order to avoid paying extra for it. Some end up paying and realizing the error later. Is there a way for the auto item to auto delete when cart minimum no longer qualifies for freebie?

Also, your awodev shopping cart is able to save past items added to cart for a good period of time, how did you make this happen? I purchased a plugin that is yet to get the job done. Thanks.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

I also just realized that the auto discount is causing my cart to go a bit funny. When my cart reaches the minimum to reason a free item via auto discount, the first item on my cart increases in qty every time a new item is added to cart or when the page is refreshed. When the coupon is added manually, the cart works properly. I've been having this issue for the past month and just realized the culprit when my christmas bonus items expired and noted the cart was no longer responding as before. When I added a new auto discount item, the problem returned. I have tested this problem on chrome, explorer, safari, and firefox. Also updated to awo 2.2.4 and still have the problem. I use vm 2.0.26 + joomla 2.5.17.

I believe this problem started with 2.2.3, I updated my awocoupon 2 weeks ago and since then the problem started.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I would need more details on how to produce the problem with the quantity increasing in the cart. How did you set up your automatic discount(s)?
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

I pretty much used your advised directions in the past to set it up, and this worked for the past few months until I updated it last month. For example, Buy any from X category to receive Y with a minimum of N10,000 per #1 customer and may be mixed in cart with "Automatically add to cart 'Get Y' product" checked. I also had the coupon code enabled in the auto add to cart section.

Anyway, this worked well enough, and I can only point at your recent updates as culprits. The 2.2.4 version did not fix it either.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Can you give me the full details of how the coupon code is set up? I need to know every box that is checked, every option selected, etc.

Need to be able to duplicate the problem, so any details you can add that will help, please add it.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

see http://awesomescreenshot.com/0cd263si41
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I created a coupon exactly as yours and cannot reproduce it locally. I also went to your site to try to reproduce and cannot.
    I added '1 Million Absolutely Gold 100ml'

to the cart, then manually entered 'any1' coupon as it is not working automatically. The product was added and received the discount. Then added '24 Maxi Regular Pads'. Still every item in the cart has a quantity of 1. How do I reproduce the product quantity changing?
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

Hello,

In order to produce the error, the coupon has to be automatic. When it is added manually, it works. When set to automatic, the problem occurs. I changed it to manual because it kept producing the problem.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Tested some more, still cannot reproduce. One difference I notice on your website is you seem to be using a one page checkout. Can you disable that and test it?
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

no I can not, let me know when you plan to test, I'll have the kenzo stress ball auto coupon be enabled during that period. I can not disable the onepage checkout as it is essential to my website.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

It is understood for most sites that the one page checkout is required, however for testing purposes you will need to disable it temporarily and test out the behavior. The one page checkout is another layer in your checkout and it is likely this is where the problem lays.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

I severely doubt this. My site is live and I can not afford to disable it, so no again to that idea. The problem started occurring with the past 2 updates. I am going to have the kenzo stress ball activated for you to see the problem in action and hopefully get it fixed without interfering with my business.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

We will do it the other way around as you are not willing to coorperate.

I will send you a private message with access to a virtuemart site using the latest version of AwoCoupon. Please reproduce the problem there and let me know how it is done.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Actually nevermind the private message.

Please go on the demo site and reproduce the problem, it uses the latest version of AwoCoupon, then let me know exactly how you did it:
    http://demo.awocoupon.com
    http://demo.awocoupon.com/administrator