bcc not working ver 1.4.7

• Default avatar
    mowlman    
     11 years ago

Using AWO PRO version 1.4.7 on my localhost for testing.
    When I enable bcc on my default gift certificate template, the admin does not recieve any email.

virtuemart 1.1.9
    Joomla 1.5.26
    AWO PRO 1.4.7

my default cert profile template I have
    From name Local Closetbay
    From Email: bill[at]closetbay[dot]com
    bcc is checked

I am Not using any custom attributes for the gift certificate within virtuemart

Virtumart - Store Information Email is bill[at]closetbay[dot]com

for my test order, my test customer email is bill_trade[at]closetbay[dot]com which is forwarded tobill[at]closetbay[dot]com through cpanel

My expectation , I should get 2 ordered gift certificate emails 1 for the customer and 1 for the admin.

What is happening is whether bcc is checked or Not, I only get the customer copy
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Can you test it with another email outside of closetbay? In one of my email clients, if the bcc an from email are the same, I only receive 1 email, not 2. Might be the same thing happening here.
  • Default avatar
    mowlman    
     11 years ago

As you suggested, I tested with a non closetbay email. My test user email was billm_epcohardware.com
    My admin email remained bill_closetbay.com.

Now I received 2 ordered gift certificate emails to the test customer billm_epcohardware.com.

Seems like I saw something like this in the forums? I'll have to take another look.

If it helps, I also noticed that when I Hit Resend from the Order tab, Nothing seems to happen, the customer does not get another email.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Strange, is it 2 of the exact same email? Or are you receiving different codes? And cannot think of a reason why the resend would not work. Do you receive a message saying it was sent or not? I would be willing to look at your setup and db if you can send me a private message with temporary admin/ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    mowlman    
     11 years ago

Yes the 2 emails sent to the test customer's email are identical with same code.

I do not get any message when I click resend. I turned on Debug on and checked my vm error_log.

I do see a message when on virtuemart orders, and change order status and check notify customer. I get the status updates, and I see the message sent message.

But I do not see anything when clicking Resend on the certificate order tab.

I'm testing on my localhost and not sure how I could get you access?

also could you eithr edit or allow me to edit my previous post 2 in order to change email address's to use [at] and [dot] to try to stop spam bots from picking up the emails? I edited my original post but cannot edit the post in the middle (#2)

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

I edited your post and stripped out the emails. Since on localhost, there is not much I can do. I have tested this myself and cannot reproduce the problem. Once you move to web hosting and are still having the problem, let me know and I can take a look at it.