Buy X Get Y not working properly

• Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I'm using Vm 2.0.24 and joomla 2.5, I'm trying to launch a promo campaign for my site, but I'm unable to get it to work. I published a Buy X from any products by a certain manufacturer (Issey Miyake) and get a free bag from another manufacturer (Freebies). I also added "Automatically add to cart 'Get Y' product" and set the minimum purchase at N10,000. When I test it on my front end, the bag is not added automatically, and I have to add it myself, then type in the coupon code. I want this to be an automated process, but it currently is not. The worst part of it is that, if the customer does not add the bag to the cart, but simply types in the coupon code (issey), only the value of the bag is deducted from the cart. I'm trying to get the customers to get item gifts, not cash gifts.
    Instead it requires refreshing the page to get the coupon to work properly. Please help with this. I want it to be automated.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

For the refresh problem, and adding a product to the cart automatically, there is a small hack you would need to make in core Virtuemart code to get it to work. It is detailed here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/buy-x-get-y-total-price-wrong-only-first-display#comment-5183

For a coupon to be processed automatically, you would have to add it to the automatic discount list, it is detailed here:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro

We can then tackle the last problem, the product not being automatically added to cart, if it still exists after you fix the first problem.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

Please note that I use rupostel opc for my cart, does that make a difference?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I do not know the answer to that. You can definitely try it to see if it makes a difference. Another thing for the adding to cart function, make sure you are not using ajax to add the coupon.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

So I was able to get the coupon automated. Now the problem is the x for y system. In my case, I'm doing if you buy at least N10,000 worth of items, you get 1 gift @ buy 1 X within a certain category, and get 1 Y.
    The issue here is that when I combine 3 items to make up for the minimum purchase, the quantity of the gifts becomes 3. So with the increase in gift quantity, there is also an increase in purchasing cost.
    Is there a way to make it into buy X valued @ at least N10,000 and get 1 Y?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Set "Maximum discount qty" under Optional to 1. This will limit the discount to a max of 1.
  • Default avatar
    zainob    
     10 years ago

I did that already...after refreshing page, it's now working properly. Thanks for your quick responses.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Great, you are welcome.