PrestaShop Delivery Cost Issue

• Default avatar
    peter94    
     10 years ago

I am running PrestaShop v1.5.4 and AwoCoupon Pro.

The module works fine for the most part. If the voucher is added by itself to the cart, delivery is free and the voucher is emailed successfully.

The issue I am having occurs when I add a voucher to the cart with another product (not a voucher). The cost of delivery for the order will jump to €12 (normally €6). It shouldn't add €6 to the cost of delivery.

I can't figure out what's going on. I have disabled the vouchers for the time being.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I am sorry, I dont know if I quite follow. Is the problem when you are using the voucher, or when you add a gift certificate product to the cart along side another product? If it is the latter, then there must be something with the way you set up the product within Prestashop. AwoCoupon does not plug in at this point and makes no alterations to the shopping cart.

Is your shipping calculation based on the number of products in the cart?
  • Default avatar
    peter94    
     10 years ago

Problem is with adding the Gift Certificate with another product to the cart. See:

http://boardgamer.ie/21-gift-certificates

Shipping is a flat rate, and becomes free over €100.

I've tried changing things around with the way the product is set up and it hasn't fixed it. Perhaps I'm missing something.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

That is strange. Can you disconnect the gift certificate in AwoCoupon from that product, does it have the same behavior?

If not, I would create a brand new product and set it up, but dont yet add it as a gift certificate in AwoCoupon. Test it in the front end, make sure it works without doubling the shipping costs. Once satisfied add it as a gift certificate in AwoCoupon and retest.
  • Default avatar
    peter94    
     10 years ago

I tried what you said, and it looks like it actually isn't an issue with AwoCoupon Pro. PrestaShop is adding on the extra shipping itself for some unknown reason.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Yes, that would make sense, but not sure what it could be. It tried your cart again and now it shows free shipping for all products, including the gift certificate product. So I guess you figured it out? What was the problem?
  • Default avatar
    peter94    
     10 years ago

No, still working on figuring it out. I had added a Cart rule, but have removed it now. Was trying to make it so that if you add a voucher and a product to the cart it could add a 6 euro discount to the cart. It kind of worked, but not really.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Have you tried this fix?
    http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/264861-shipping-cost-doubles-when-adding-more-than-one-products-to-cart/