Blank Page while confirming

• Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I just bought the AWO Coupon Pro, installed on a trial site and started configuring it.
    I created a coupon, the Gift certificate and associated it to a product named Gift Certificate.
    Now the problem is that if I place an order about Gift Certificate item and then I go to the backend to change its status from pending to confirmed (to make AWO seding the email containing che code) a blank page does appear.

May you help please?

Thank you
    Maurizio
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I think you have a php error. Please go to global configurations and set error reporting to the max, development i think. Then try it again, you should then see why it is failing, post back.
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I thought exactly the same, in fact I turned on the error to maximum as you suggested but no error does appear. Just a blank page.

If you need a superadmin user and password to take a look into this just let me know.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I think that would be easiest. Can you send me a private message with temporary admin and ftp access?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Thanks for the access. Ok, so I edited the code to print the error to screen. It seems setting the error reporting to maximum in joomla 1.5 does not do this. This is the error that was produced:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagettfbbox() in /home/movingno/public_html/yourmusic_test/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/virtuemart/ps_awo_giftcert.php on line 496

I have seen this error before, mentioned here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/imagettfbbox-error

There are really only 2 solutions:
    1) ask your provider to update your php to include the image functions
    2) do not use the html email profiles. instead use text and it should work fine there.

Just as a test, I changed your profile to text and it went through.
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Hello, is this the reason becauase also the GIft Certificate profile does not work?
    Obviously I need to use HTML because sending a gift certificate just with text does not make sense.
    I will ask the company who maintain our server to update the php. We didn't make it until now (we still have the 5.3.26) to avoid some malfunctioning on my joomla 1.5 sites (we have a dedicated server actually) so I am now asking you what is the minumum PHP version we can use with your component?

Thank you very much!
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

OK I read all the posts and I just askef our mantainer to install imagettfbbox on our pgp (verison 5 does support it as I noticed). After installation and test I will let you know if everything (including html preview) will work fine.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

AwoCoupon 1 supports both php 4 and php 5.
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Hello, so we installed the component on php and now I have been able to generate preview and the coupon does arrive. But I encountered a couple of problems:

1. The most important one. I created a product of a value of 100 € (the same you also used for testing), associated to a gift certificate and placed the order. When I switched to 'confirmed' I got the certificate as expected and then I tried to use it as a customer would do.
    Well if I add to cart an item of a value +100 € (so the same or more than the value of the gift card) it works perfectly and the amount has deducted fom the grand total but, if add to cart an item priced, let's say 80 € (or any other value less than 100 €), if I do select in-store pickup (so grand total without shipping charges) it works correctly while if I do select the delivery to my address (so including shipping charges) only a discount of € 4,92 is applied to the grand total (instead 'erasing' the whole amount since it is less that the Gift Card Value). I would simply need that it deducts the amount from the grand total (so item + shipping charges) as well as it does in case of items priced 100 € or more.

2. it looks like the certificate has been emailed only to the customer who purchased the item and not to the recipient's gift card (even if I inserted the correct email address) This is a minor problem at thias stage, I will verify it later.

About the VALUE fields into Edit Coupon and Edit Gift Certificate product: I inserted the value of 100 (that is the price of the product associated) is it correct?

Thank you for replying.
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Here are an image containing 3 examples of what I am talking about:

http://movingnoise.com/awo_coupon.jpg

Please advise asap because, once solved this issue, I need to install your component on a production site and buy one more AWO Coupon Pro for another site,

thank you!

p.s. I noticed that the discount applied in case of wrong calculation corresponds to the shipping amount without VAT. In fact the coupon apply a discount of € 4,92, shipping is € 6 - 22% (italian VAT) = € 4.92 while what we need os the discount on grand total (including items + shipping) as happens in case of a purchase of +100 € (when the gift certificate is 100 €)
    I hope it can help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

That is very strange it would do that. Looking at the image, I can see you are using a one page checkout. Can you disable that one page and test it without to see if you still get the same behavior? If you do not, then please contact stan, I am sure he will be able to work out the bug.
  • Default avatar
    Avalon999    
     10 years ago

Hello,

actually with OPC disabled it works. I alredy contacted Stan hopefully it will help. I will keep you updated about it.

Thank you!