Used value remains on ZERO

• Default avatar
    teresa6    
     10 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm a bit confused about using the coupons and gift certificates. There are 2 issues:

1. When using as coupon the code isn't sent out.
    2. When using as gift certificate, code is send, however the used value remains on 0 even though the code is already used.

What I would like to do:
    It is about a winery that wants to sell wine tasting packages.
    The challenge is when a customer has bought a packet, he will get a coupon for his next purchase. The voucher itself is free, but has a certain value and is only allowed to be used once per customer.

1. In order to realize it, I've created a product "coupon" in VM. The sales price is € 0. Then I created a coupon for one use per customer. For the taste packages I use the product builder of Breakdesign. Have the products and the voucher associated with the PB and then tested.

If you order in the frontend no coupon codes are created and not delivered to the customer.

2. I tried the same with a gift voucher. Here the codes are indeed delivered but the used value of the voucher remains at zero and the voucher can be used again.

What am I doing wrong? Would you please tell me how I can resolve the matter.

Joomla 2.5.14, VM 2.0.22a, AWO 2.2.1 pro

Kind regards,

Teresa
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The used value should be changed after the shopper has used the coupon code and hit the confirmed button. Go to AwoCoupon->history of uses, you should also see the usage recorded there. Is that page blank or is it recorded?

For the coupon product you created, as I understand it you created a coupon template with one use per customer and attached it to this product. When ordering the "coupon" product in the front end, the customer does not receive the voucher? Is the order status "confirmed" in the back end?
  • Default avatar
    teresa6    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Once again:

1. When using as normal coupon the code isn't sent out.
    2. When using as gift certificate, code is send, however the used value remains on 0 even though the code is already used by client.

Regards,

Teresa
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

1) I really do not know what this means. When using a normal coupon code there should not be a code that is sent out. It should apply to the shopping cart and discount what needs to be discounted.
    2) By sent out, do you mean used? In order to see the used value increase in a gift certificate, the customer has to use the code in the front end and complete the order. Also do you see any entries in AwoCoupon -> History of uses for orders that have been completed with coupon codes used? If you do not, then it indicates a problem.
  • Default avatar
    teresa6    
     10 years ago

Hello Seyi,

1) OK, that's understand - sorry!

2) I don't see any entries in history which have been completed after using the code by the client. It means, in history is an entry with the given code, however the used value is 0 and a full balance after the client has used the code. Due to this issue, the client can use the code several times.

Kind regards,

Teresa

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, will not be able to tell what is going on unless I can debug it directly. Is it possible to get temporary admin and ftp access? You can send a private message with the information.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, I have found the problem with the uses remaining 0. It was simply a configuration issue.

In awocoupon->configuration you had this option:
    Restore coupon's number of uses if order is not processed: Pending

This means that if the order is put into pending stage, then delete the history of the coupon. This does not really make sense. I changed the option to Cancelled and Refunded. Now it works fine, the history is saved. And if you set the order status to Cancelled or refunded then the history of the coupon would be reversed.