Problem of the "number of uses per customer" control

• Default avatar
    henryxutao    
     10 years ago

Hi, Seyi,
    I've installed the AwoCoupon free version 2.06 today. My environment is joomla 2.5.14 + Virtuemart 2.0.22a.
    Your extension is fantastic. I found a problem, I wonder if it is because I've done sth. wrong.
    When I setup a coupon in AwoCoupon, and setup the "Number of Uses" to "per customer" "1#". When I am doing the test , I found if I logged in and apply the coupon, check out, finish the order. Choose the same product, apply the coupon again, it always can be used unless I logged out and login again. After that,it will said cant find the coupon code.
    I suppose even the customer keep login status and the coupon only can be used once if we setup in the backend. Is there anything I've done wrong? I checked the plugin, the AwoCoupon is there and is published.
    Thanks in advance for your fantastic job.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Glad you like.

I tested the scenario above:
    - created a coupon with a restriction on the number of uses to 1 per customer
    - logged into the front end, used the coupon code and confirmed the order
    - without logging out, add the same item to the cart and try the coupon code again
    - I received a coupon cannot be found error

And it really should not work because as soon as the order is confirmed by the customer to order status of pending/confirmed, the coupon code history is recorded.
  • Default avatar
    henryxutao    
     10 years ago

Hi, Seyi,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    It suppose to act like what you said. But during my test, it act like:
    - created a coupon with a restriction on the number of uses to 1 per customer
    - logged into the front end, used the coupon code and confirmed the order
    - without logging out, add the same item to the cart and try the coupon code again

Instead of "- I received a coupon cannot be found error,", the coupon was applied successfully! Until I logged out and re login, try again, then it shows:"a coupon cannot be found".
    I wonder if it caused by my template (Joomlart - Ja-Hawkstore), so I tried the Beez2 template, but the result is the same.
    If you need my admin password to check, I can email or PM to you.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

You will need to check your database and verify that the number of uses is being added to the table #__awocoupon_history. If you like, I can check it, if you can pm temporary ftp and admin access.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, I think I figured out what is going on.

Its cache. If you enter a coupon code into the shopping cart, confirm it, you can go back into your session and repeat the cart again. The catch it it has to be the exact same product(s), exact same quantities, shipping, etc, and you cannot enter a different code before trying the cached code. Main reason I could not reproduce it when testing, I was trying different products in the cart. The fix, close out the coupon session when the order is confirmed. I have made the change on your site.
  • Default avatar
    henryxutao    
     10 years ago

Hi,Seyi,
    You are so great.
    May I know what kind of change have you made to my website? Updated some files of AWO? If I installed this plugin to another website, will this problem happen again?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Yes, the problem was within AwoCoupon. I have also updated the free version so if you get latest:
    http://www.awocoupon.com/

It will have the updated code.
  • Default avatar
    henryxutao    
     10 years ago

Hi, Seyi,
    Thank you so much.
    Your support to the free products is the best I've ever met.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Glad to be of service.
    Please dont forget to write a review of your experience:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-coupons/11629