Coupons not applying

• Default avatar
    andrewau    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I upgraded from free to pro coupons in VM 1.1.19 and since then when a coupon is applied it shows the discount on the checkout but when the order comes through and when the customer is charged the full amount is deducted and the email order does not show the coupon discount either. So on screen fine but when order is confirmed it drops the coupon discount. How can i get this fixed please.

Thanks in advance
    Andrew
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Did it work fine with the free version?

Go to awocoupon->installation check page and uninstall everything. Then go to Virtuemart coupon system add a coupon code there and run a test to see the results.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Yes they were working before the upgrade to pro. If i uninstall will i lose all my coupons set and history?

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

No you will not, as long as you are doiing from awocoupon->installation check page. If you go to joomla->extensions and uninstall AwoCoupon completely, then yes, you will loose the coupons/history. In that case, I would advice you make a back before doing so.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Ok I uninstalled from the installation check page and used a coupon from VM and it worked fine. I have re-installed the AWO Coupons and tested again and it didnt work, what should i do now?
    Andrew
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

I am not sure then, I do not recall encountering such a problem. I can have a look if you can pm me temporary admin and ftp access.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, I took a look and I think I know the problem.

Enter a coupon code in the cart, then go to another page and come back to the cart, the coupon code will disappear. This is because rupostel opc is clearing out the coupon session before the order is complete. Specifically clears out this variable
    $_SESSION['coupon_awo_entered_coupons']
    If left alone it would all work fine.

I believe this is fixed in later version of one page checkout so if this is an option, I would advice you upgrade it. Otherwise the fix would have to be made manually into your installation. I do not know what it is, for this you should contact rupostel. They are very prompt with replies.