Mandrill.com for transactional emails

• Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

Mandrill.com offers 12000 transactional emails for free and a simple plugin installation makes the joomla use their powerful mail server to avoid spam and get our messages and gift receipts and coupons where they belong, the inbox.

However, I am not getting the awo profile emails with gift vouchers to utilize this service. I read that mandrill will not send CC messages or bcc messages, if those occur it defaults back to jmailer default system.

1.) Can i verify that Awo Coupon isnt using a CC or bcc to send the emails?

2.) Can you put some effort into understanding how this mandrill works and determine why it isnt sending out your emails IF my first question doesnt fix it?
  • Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

Found this:

Currently the Mandrill API supports only attachments with the mime type image/*, text/* and application/pdf. If your Joomla site is sending emails that contain other attachments, then the plugin will recognise this and will fall back to the standard JMailer class.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi Shonn,

I am not sure what or how mandrill api works. AwoCoupon looks at your email configuration in admin->global configuration and sends the email based on that. If you are using a specific smtp, specify it within the email configuration screen and your email should be sent using your configurations.
  • Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

Mandrill has a joomla plugin using api that intercepts the joomla transactional emails and send out using mandrill. Its wonderful.

However, if it cant send because its the wrong type of attachment mime type or because its a cc or bcc than it defaults to joomla configuration.

Well, if joomla configuration is smtp, and its mandrill api, then of course it creates a loop that leads to no emails it seems.

So the default has to be a php mail or sendmail. And this is how the AWO coupon emails are coming now. This is easily verified because Mandrill lists every single email with data and which component created the email in its reporting.

So, hikashop emails send, just not AWO. Hope that helps us get one step closer.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi Shonn,

Took a look at the plugin. Instead of calling Joomla mailer the plugin intercepts and calls its own mailer system. Hence why it does not work and would not work with any program that has their own mailer class which extends phpmailer, such as AwoCoupon.

You can try the below. I do not know if it will work, but its worth a shot.

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/awomail.php, when defining the class change
    <?php
    class awoMail extends PHPMailer {
    ?>

to this
    <?php
    class awoMail extends JMail {
    ?>