Error creating a coupon when all customers are selected

• Default avatar
    josep0    
     11 years ago

Hello,
    The extension works ok, except when I create a coupon and I select all the customers. I do this in this way because I want to apply the coupon to the customers existents in this moment, and I don't want that the coupon will be apllied to the new customers.
    When I select 'save' or 'save and close', the coupon page will be closed and I will be redirected to the index in the backend.
    If I only select 400 customers, the coupon is created correctly.

What can I do to solve the problem?
    Is urgent.

Thanks in advance.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

How many customers are you trying to select? Maybe its just having problems processing a large amount of customers.

Another thing you can do is create a shopper group where you add all existing customers and make the coupon valid for just this shopper group.
  • Default avatar
    josep0    
     11 years ago

Hello,
    Thanks for your answer.
    We have more than 7200 customers.
    Make a group is not an option because we want to create this kind of coupon frequently.
    How many customers are available to a coupon?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The number it will take is server dependent and how fast your server is, so you could experiment with it to see what it will take.

The only other option would be to manually add the customers directly in the database.
  • Default avatar
    josep0    
     11 years ago

Hello,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Could you, please, explain me how and where check my server? Which requirements have your extension? I don't understand how to make it work. Sorry and thanks again.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Figuring out the system requirements to run 7000 queries is really beyond my scope, and not something I could do. The easiest would be if you could add all exiting customers to a special shopping group where new customers would not be added to and create a coupon for that. The other solution would be to add the customers manually in the database. This can be done if you have database access, probably through something like phpmyadmin. I can help with this if you decide to do this.
  • Default avatar
    josep0    
     10 years ago

Hello Seyi,
    I have done more tests and now I have more information about the problem. The problem is not when the queries are run. In the new coupon page, I select 'view all' and all (the 7000) users appear in the first list. If I select more then 400 users, without make anything else and then I cancel the coupon, I am redirected to the backend inicial page, instead of the awo coupon page. So, I assume that the problem is in this list... Can you, please, take a look and tell me what can be the problem and how to solve?
    Thanks in advance
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Are you saying if you select more than 400 users, and instead of saving, you cancel creating the coupon code, you are then redirected to the home page?

What browser are you using? Can you try another browser from your default?

Is it also possible to get admin access to test this? If so please send a private message.
  • Default avatar
    josep0    
     10 years ago

I have sent tou a private message.
    Thanks