Discount coupon code does not work at checkout

• Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Hello

I've installed the AwoCoupon plugin for Virtuemart 1.1x, checked the code in the back end and all is as it should be.

I've created a discount code for a specific product however when I apply that code in the checkout process I get message 'Coupon code not found. Please try again'. Why do I get this message if everything is correct in the set up?

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

When you created the coupon code, did you set any of these:
    - number of uses per user
    - selected specific customer

If you did, then the customer is required to log in before using the coupon code to verify they have not overused it.

Try a very simple coupon with no extra options, and see if that works as a test.
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I did not select 'number of users' and I did not select 'specific customer'.

The only selections I made were: Coupon Code, Coupon, Percent or Total (I chose percent), Discount Type (I chose specific) and Value (20).

There is one thing however, how do I find where the competent is kept to make sure it is enabled. It does not appear in my plugin list OR is it automatically enabled as soon as you upload it into Joomla.

I removed the original plugin and re-installed for second time.

Also, with the coding, I have had to copy and paste from your instructions. However, can you confirm that the additional code needs to go on a separate line below lines 135 and 158.

Thank you
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

with Virtuemart 1, there is nothing to enabled. Once installed and the code is in place, then AwoCoupon enabled.

One thing you should check is overrides. Virtuemart 1 allows you to override your class file within your template. And if ps_coupon.php has been overriden, then entering the code in its original location will not make a difference. Here is where you can check:

www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[your current theme]/user_class
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Thanks Seyi, I will check.

How do I make the override?

Bea
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I was not clear, let me try again. You do not want to make the override, you just want to verify that there is no override, and if there is update that code so Awocoupon works. This is the file you are looking for:

www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[your current theme]/user_class/ps_coupon.php

If it exists, then edit it.
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Thanks Seyi

If there is an over-ride what code do I replace it with as I am not a developer/coder.

Can you please give me some instructions.

Bea
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The same that should be in your normal www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classess/ps_coupon.php.

Here are the instructions:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-free#Installation-2
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Seyi

I have looked for this path: www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[your current theme]/user_class/ps_coupon.php and it does not exist.

Bea
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

then no idea. if you like, I can have a look but would need temporary ftp and admin access to your site.