Set up Automatic Coupon Free Shipping at X$

• Default avatar
    david6    
     11 years ago

I have spent a good part of my morning looking for the topic that would explain what I need.

Joomla 2.5.9 virtuemart 2.0.18a AwoCouponPro 2.1.5 and I can't seem to figure out how to set it to apply an automatic free shipping coupon for a value of $55.00 or greater
    http://www.pollenranch.com/images/awocoupon/freeshippingcoupon.png
    http://www.pollenranch.com/images/awocoupon/freeshippingcouponautmatic.png

What am I missing? Please help.

Thank you very much.
  • Default avatar
    david6    
     11 years ago

Well somehow I have it to show but only if I return to the store then back to cart. If I update the items in the cart while on the "cart" page it does not apply the (Discount) Is there a fix for that. Site URL www.pollenranch.com if you want to test and see for yourself and give me input. I forgot to mention our site is bootstrap, html5, css3 if that makes any difference however the template developers assure me that they do no code changes just template overrides.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to put a custom name where (discount) appears along with making the number in red and have a - symbol to show it is in fact being deducted, for customer visuals. :)

Maybe (Automatic "Shipping" Discount Applied) ? and pull the discount type so that it informs the customer?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, glad you got the automatic discount at least working.

I took a look at the cart. If I add an item that costs 9.95 and add 4 of them, it brings the total to 49.75 and ajax is used to calculate the shipping which brings the total to 55.35. The coupon function is never called in this case.

Now if I add 5 of the same items, I see the discount immediately, since the product total is over 55.

For changing the color of the discount, the template you are using would have to be updated.
  • Default avatar
    david6    
     11 years ago

Hello seyi,

Ok I am using vp_promart with html/virtuemart overrides folder If you want I can post the code from the page. I believe I know where it is. Would it be possible to modify it to get the coupon type such as "Shipping" or coupon? and echo that output by the (discount) text so it says (Discount "Shipping") or (Discount "Coupon") to clarify for our customers.

It's also not adding an addition coupon code that is typed to the discount. Why cant this day get better?

Example. Type in PRValentines You get the coupon added successfully but it does not show as a cost effect to the price. Is that due to the automatic one?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

For the second code not being taken, do you have multiple discounts enabled in awocoupon->configuration?
  • Default avatar
    david6    
     11 years ago

Yes sir I have it set up to allow two coupons