Public unable to use coupon

• Default avatar
    Kenso    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I just like to check if it's possible for public user to use the coupon? I've create a coupon and selected all user but apparently seem like only logged in user is able to to use the code.

Is there anyway that public user(without logging in) be able to use the code too?

Many thanks in advance.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

If you want all none logged in users to be able to use the coupon code, then select no users when creating the coupon. This leaves it open for every users. If you pick specific users, then the user is required to log in to verify they qualify.
  • Default avatar
    Kenso    
     11 years ago

hi seyi,

Thanks for the reply. Following is an example of my setting i didn't pick any of the user in the customer selection area and I selected all the products, does that means that is default for anyone? inclusive of non-logged on users?

http://postimage.org/image/7ewhsr1d7/

I'm running on
    AwoCoupon Version: 2.0.5
    VirtueMart Version: 2.0.18a
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Yes, it is inclusive for non-logged in users.

The same would work with product. If you do not select any when building the coupon code, then it will work for all products in your shop, and future products you add in the future
  • Default avatar
    Kenso    
     11 years ago

Yup. I tot so too. but it just ain't working. any idea why?

I've also discover something weird here. If i use the coupon within VirtueMart itself, It can be used by anonymous user. Just not AwoCoupon.

why is that so? Maybe it is got to do with the Shopper Groups setting?
  • Default avatar
    Kenso    
     11 years ago

OK.. Self resolved.. The problem is with the plug in manager, For my it was set to Access = registered user only. Just got to change it to Public. =)