Using 2 Gift Certificates

• Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

I have business customers that use gift certificates as prepaid accounts to send out thank-you gifts. That way, they can have an assistant send out gifts without them having to enter credit card info each time.

Can a customer use 2 gift certificates for 1 transaction?

For instance, if the customer has $10 left on their certificate and their shopping cart total is $20, is there a way for them to use up the $10 on one certificate and then be able to use another gift certificate for the balance?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

If you enable multiple coupons in awocoupon->configuration, then yes, the customer can use multiple gift certificates in one order, entering and saving one at a time.
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

I checked and I do have multiple coupons enabled, with a maximum times of use set at 4. When I enter the coupon code, it takes off the entire amount of that gift certificate, with the shopping cart correctly showing an amount still due. In the Hikashop cart, it shows that I have entered that gift certificate code, but there is no box where I can enter another coupon code for another gift certificate.

I did upload the latest version, but that made no change to this issue.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, I see the issue now. Within AwoCoupon plugin it tries to keep the coupon field open but this is not happening in your case for some reason. What edition and version of Hikashop are you using?

Also, there is a solution posted here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/other-applications/awo-product-show-virtuemart/what-about-2-coupons-single-order#comment-4129
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

I am using the latest version - 2.0 Business Edition. The plugin is installed and published.

I tried the patch you referenced, but that does not appear to work - when I enter the 2nd coupon, it says that it has expired - but if I enter the same coupon as the first coupon, it deducts the amount.

Also, not sure if this should be a new post or not, but I would like the have the gift certificate deduct the shipping charge also, so the customer has no payment as long as they have a high enough balance on the certificate.

Thanks for your help
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this problem.

Can you send a private message with temporary admin/ftp access so I can look at it?

For gift certificates, they naturally deduct shipping, unless you select specific asset when creating the gift certificate. In which case, they will only deduct from the assets you specify if they are in the shopping cart.
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

Yes, that worked to take out the assets in the definition. Thank You.

Perhaps it might be a feature to add sometime, to include shipping as a selectable asset. That way, a specific item category can be defined for a gift certificate and to be able to include the shipping in it. For my purposes right now, it will work just fine the way it is

Thanks again.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Not a bad idea. We will add the ability to select specific shipping for gift certs in the next version.

I took at the coupon code field disappearing and it is because it has not been enabled for the checkout module. So in
    www/components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/views.html.php, after this code
    <?php
    class CheckoutViewCheckout extends hikashopView{
        var 
    $ctrl'checkout';
        var 
    $nameListing 'CHECKOUT';
        var 
    $nameForm 'CHECKOUT';
        var 
    $icon 'checkout';
        var 
    $extraFields=array();
        var 
    $requiredFields = array();
        var 
    $validMessages = array();
    ?>

And it works now. Also had to make a modification to the hikashop awocoupon plugin as it does not take one page checking out into account. That will be fixed in the next version of AwoCoupon Pro.

I added this
    <?php

var $triggerView true;
    ?>
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

Thank you so much for your assistance. I am able to enter 2 gift certificates now. Your prompt service is what encourages me to purchase your products.

The only other thing I notice when testing involves the shipping charges. For instance, if there are items totaling $95 and shipping of $10, I can use a gift certificate with $50 left on it, and then use a $100 gift certificate and it becomes $0 due. If I first use the $100 gift certificate and then use the $50 gift certificate, then it says the second gift certificate is expired (when it is actually not expired).

So the pattern is this:

IF value_first_certificate_entered >= total_before_shipping THEN second_certificate_entered says "expired"

IF value_first_certificate_entered < total_before_shipping THEN second_certificate_entered applies correctly.

So the second certificate must include at least $.01 of products for it to be applied - it appears that the second gift certificate cannot pay for only the shipping portion.

Not a huge problem right now, but I suppose there may be others that will encounter the same situation.

Again - I really appreciate the way you support your products.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Yes, that is correct. This has already been fixed in the core code but has not been released yet. I have updated your code now and it should work either way.