Coupon Discount Not Tranfering to PayPal

• Default avatar
    bkrupkin    
     11 years ago

I have AWO 1.5.1 pro.

Anytime someone uses a coupon code on my site, the site reflects the correct amount for order subtotal, coupon discount and final order total amount. However, if someone selects to pay with paypal (using website payments pro), when they are taken to the paypal site to pay, the total does not include the coupon discount anymore.

for example, if the subtotal of an order is $100 and the coupon discount is $10, the Final Order total shows $90, but when they go to PayPal to pay, it shows $100.

Any ideas what may be the issue and how to fix?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

There is a problem with paypal standard for virtuemart 1, talked about in this forum:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/paypal-error-awo-virtuemart#comment-1905

But have not come across a problem for paypal pro. Basically the logic for what is sent to paypal is within the paypal pro code and that would need to include the discount.
  • Default avatar
    bkrupkin    
     11 years ago

This did nothing to help. The order total or tax is not in question. It is the discount not showing once a user reaches paypal. Oh, and I checked, I am using the standard paypal code, not paypal_wpp as originally thought.

Maybe i should go purchase the WPP version?
  • Default avatar
    bkrupkin    
     11 years ago

also, just checked my order in the admin area and it too does not show that a coupon code was used. so, the coupon code is not there altogether upon submit of an order.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The code posted says send in the "amount" field the "order_total"-"shipping_costs". Order total already contains your discount, so the amount passed to paypal should be the order total. When you look at the backend for the order, the order total is correct right? Its just sending something incorrect to paypal right?

In any case, review the code in your configuration and just verify the amount sent to paypal is using the correct variables.
  • Default avatar
    bkrupkin    
     11 years ago

no, it is not sending the correct order total and the order that is created in the admin area also does not show the order total with any discounts applied.

so, order subtotal of $100, discount of $10, order total of $90 shows order total of $100 in admin order detail and on paypal.

so, the coupon is falling off after submit of order
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

You will need to debug why it is not saving then. If you are using a one page checkout of some kind disable it and run a transaction through to rule that out.
  • Default avatar
    bkrupkin    
     11 years ago

I restored back to version 1.4.1 pro, but now the coupon detail page will not show. It shows the page to select coupon/gift certificate, but once i select coupon, nothing happens. Also, cannot view the details of an existing coupon. I think you helped with this in the past since we have over 100K skus, the page didnt load correctly.

any help on this?

nevermind...figured it out.