Shipping Coupon not working

• Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

Hello:

I have just purchased Coupon Pro, and I can get the coupons for items working, but the shipping coupon is not working. I have researched the forums but have not found an answer.

I have HikaShop Business Edition v1.6. Joomla! 2.5 AWO Coupon 2.1.2. When I enter the coupon code for the free shipping, it displays this message on the top: "shipfree: The coupon you entered is not valid" I am using the USPS shipping module.

Shipping coupon screen shot: http://www.fudgebydesign.com/images/FBDShippingCoupon.png (does not work)
    Item coupon screen shot: http://www.fudgebydesign.com/images/FBDItemCoupon.png (does work)

I have tried setting the front end to select the shipping method automatically or manually, I have tried making the USPS shipping module the only one available. I have tried entering just the shipping coupon, but still does not discount the shipping.

Thank You
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Looking at the details of the coupon that does not work, you have also selected products that must be in the cart to receive the free shipping. I also noticed you have a discount type of specific:

Overall: The shipping discount is given if any of the products from the product list are in the cart. If no product is selected, then it is assumed all the products are valid
    Specific: The shipping discount is given if all the products in the cart are also in the coupon's product list.

So do you have more than 'Chocolate Fudge' and 'Peanut butter fudge' in the cart? If so then remove the excess items or change the discount type to overall. And is your shipping selection is either 'pickup' or 'united states postal service'.
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

I have tried "overall" and "specific". The error shows even when there is only one item (I tried just now with only "Chocolate Fudge") in the cart. I also confirmed that the "United States Postal Service" was clicked. Still does not work.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Can you go to awocoupon->configuration->error messages and change the errors to something more identifiable, that way we can know why it is failing.
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

The error description triggered is:

(include) Selected shipping not on shipping list

Oh, Interesting discovery - I set it to EXCLUDE my Manual shipping option, then also set it with all shipping methods taken off. Then it worked for both those scenarios. So it only gives the error when I use the INCLUDE option.

So I am able to use a coupon for the product, and use a coupon for the shipping, but if I create a parent coupon to use both, I get the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/schecks/public_html/fudgebydesign.com/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php on line 1756

I am trying to get a promotion so the first 5 people can get a free fudge flavor.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

I will have to do some testing and see if i can produce this strange behavior with the 'include' not working.

For the fatal error, can you edit files, if so, open
    /home/schecks/public_html/fudgebydesign.com/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php, around line 1733

and right after the line
    <?php

protected function validate_num_uses($coupon_row) {
    ?>

add this
    <?php
            $db 
    JFactory::getDBO();    
    ?>

That should fix that problem.
  • Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

Thank You, Thank You.

Your customer service exceeded my expectations! All is working perfectly. Your affiliate addon may be my next purchase.

Have a great day!