Modifying "Submit" Button

• Default avatar
    natalie    
     11 years ago

Is it possible to modify the word "Submit" so that it's an actual button rather than just a word to click on?

Lots of my customers don't realise that they have to click on the word to apply the coupon, and it's causing much confusion.

Do you know if it's possible to change this work to say "Click Here to Apply Coupon" or change it to an actual button?

I know this is probably more a virtuemart question rather than Awo specific, but I am hoping you would have the answer.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Took a look at your site. The 'submit' is already a button, but due to styling looks like a link. Here is the code for your submit button
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="button">

And here is the code for your add to cart button
    <input type="submit" class="addtocart_button" value="Add to Cart" title="Add to Cart">

I would change the submit button to use the same styling as the add to cart button, so to this
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="addtocart_button">

As for the file to change, you should find it here:
    www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[default]/templates/common/couponField.tpl.php
    Where [default] is your theme and the code probably looks something like this
    <input type="submit" value="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_COUPON_SUBMIT_BUTTON'?>" class="button" />

• Default avatar
    natalie    
     11 years ago

Thank you so much Seyi. It worked perfectly and look much better now. I appreciate your help.