[Resolved] Set gift certificates so that they can only be redeemed against certain products/categories

• Default avatar
    somethingclever    
     11 years ago

I need the ability to sell coupons as a Virtuemart product so I have to use gift certificates. It would be great if I could restrict the redemption of gift certificates to only apply to certain products or product categories as you can do with coupons.

i.e. you buy a gift certificate only valid for product 1 rather than £xx amount off any product on the site.

How difficult would it be to add this? I assume most of the code would be similar to the coupon product/category specific filtering?

Thanks for a great plugin, works great otherwise :)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

in vm2 version, you can do this because gift certificate function works on coupon templates. So you can sell any coupon you can create in AwoCoupon. This was not ported back to the vm1 version due to the complexity of changing the way it fundamentally works.

With vm1 version you can still do it, it just requires a little more work, here is the process:
    - create a coupon template of exactly what you want to sell
    - go to 'generate coupons' on the coupon list and generate x number of coupons
    - go to reports->coupon list and export the coupon codes you just generated belonging to the template
    - now you can import these coupon codes into your gift certificate

So next time a customer purchases, they are sent one of these codes.
  • Default avatar
    somethingclever    
     11 years ago

Thanks for the quick and detailed response.
    Glad to hear it can be achieved without any code hacks.

Thanks again,

a very happy customer :)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

the ability to restrict a gift certificate to a specific product/category/manufacturer, etc was added in
    - AwoCoupon Pro 1.5.0
    - AwoCoupon Pro 2.1.0
  • Default avatar
    g j f2    
     10 years ago

This comment has been moved here.