Selling via something like a "Group" purchase site

• Default avatar
    michael92    
     11 years ago

Hello,

We are planning to sell some products to a "group" purchase site.

The process is as follows:

Partner provides us with a master list of codes. Which we need to import into our system. Customers purchase codes from them. Then they come to our site to redeem the codes and receive the product that was sold to them.

What my question is:
    As far as I see it. There are two ways to approach this.

1. Create a Gift Certificate for the amount. And import the codes based on that Gift Cert value. So as when customers redeem they have a "value"

2. Use existing Product X which has a value, and import the codes. So as when the customers redeem they receive the product.

However there is a "right" way and a "wrong" way. I want to make sure i'm doing the right way in order to get the best out of the design of the software and the tracking.

Also i need the Gift Cert to apply to the shipping and the tax.

Ultimately "zeroeing" out the purchase price.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

The easiest would be to use a gift certificate and import the codes for the value. The only problem with this is the customer is not limited to purchase a specific product for that value. If there are product restrictions per code, then you cannot use this option. The other option is to create a 1 time use coupon for a specific product. This would work, but unlike gift certificates, it does not take into account shipping. To do that you would have to create a parent coupon that contains 2 coupons, 1 for the product and 1 for the shipping costs.
  • Default avatar
    michael92    
     11 years ago

Is there a solution of Gift Cert + Coupon for free shipping?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

I dont think I understand. A gift certificate already will include the cost of shipping.
  • Default avatar
    michael92    
     11 years ago

I would like to apply some product restrictions to the purchase.

The other option I was thinking was to sell a gift certificate code. This code provides a customer with a value of X. The product remains at Y.

At check out customer enters code for which is valued at X and a coupon which brings the value of product to X. However this seems very cumbersome.

If this is not the product that I need to get this functionality. What product do I need?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

you can create a parent coupon which contains 2 coupons
    - product specific discount
    - shipping discount