Select a Shipping Method Error

• Default avatar
    kandles    
     12 years ago

Sorry, searched this forum and the virtuemart forum, but still not found a solution I understand!

The problem is when I apply a coupon discount which brings the cart value down to £0.00 the shipping selector does not appear - and you can not continue processing the order.

I believe the shipping selector (and payment method) selector is triggered by the value of the cart being greater than £0.00. The shipping method is however calculated on the weight of the order - and the weight still exists in the cart - just the value is now £0.00.

I do not mind the payment selector not appearing if the value is £0.00 - providing the order is still processed, I have not been able to check this yet as the shipping error stops me getting that far.

I am using:
    Joomla 1.5.23
    Virtuemart 1.1.9
    AWO coupon 1.0.11

Thanks in advance

David
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

What shipping method are you using? I would like to test it out.
  • Default avatar
    kandles    
     12 years ago

Hello,

I am using Standard Shipping module with individual configured carriers and rates.

I have managed to "work around" the problem by editing administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_chechout.php

Around line 400 I have removed the lines which check for an empty shipping method. There is only one shipping rate available so it does not matter if the customer does not choose one.

There is a slight problem if the customer want overseas shipping as they will get free shipping too - hopefully there will not be any of these!

Thanks

David
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi,
    the standard shipping module works on weights and not the value of the shopping cart. So if rate shows up when the value is not 0, the same rate should show up if you use a coupon and the value is set to 0. You should not have to edit ps_checkout for standard. On the other hand shipvalue shipping module works on amount in the cart.
  • Default avatar
    am    
     10 years ago

Don't want to thread jack but i think i am having a similar issue. When i use a coupon for specific products and set the value to 100%. Their is not option to select payment method or shipping method. Thus they cannot process the order. I looked over my shipping module UPS and USPS, and both of them are rely on order weight so i am not sure why the shipping option is not showing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Israel
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi,

Not sure what the problem could be. I tried to create it but cannot, it should work. I can look at it but would need temporary admin and ftp access.