How do I get custom attributes in my gift certificate product

• Default avatar
    lisa78    
     12 years ago

I have updated to the laterst version to be able to capture information from customers (recipent name, email and message). This is a great function. However, I am missing something very simple I think. How do I get those attributes in my product page for the gift certificates? Do I need to make new gift cert products and then they will appear?
    I also want to say that this is an amazing product for the price. I previously used a module from MIVA merchant but this one is so much easier to use. The only thing I miss is being able to resend certificates but I just work around that by keeping a blank certificate and recreating when required. A bit tideous but the trade off is definately worth it.
    I have now completely switched from MIVA to virtuemart mainly because of the support and all the third party developers like you guys that make our lives as business owners so much easier.
  • Default avatar
    lisa78    
     12 years ago

got it! Knew it was simple. Works perfect
  • Default avatar
    julio1    
     12 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    Would you mind explaining how you did this?
    I'm able to capture the custom fields, but am not sure how to get those values into the certificate.
    Thank you.