Shiiping coupon - not working

• Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

Hi, I have just downloaded and successfully installed the component. The installation was successful and using the installation check function shows all items as installed.

I want to be able to create a free-shipping coupon for all shoppers and products.

I created the coupon using "shipping", overall and a value of 0.00. I would prefer that this would work without the requirement for customers to login, however with doing so the error messages was "customer not logged in" (I changed the error messages to match that of the reason for the error (this should be standard by the way, having ALL the error messages read the same thing is confusing)). Once logged in I entered the coupon code and nothing, the code simply didn't work.

Now, I am using a modified version the Australia Post module as it incorporates some great functions. I would also like to use One-Page-Checkout.

What I did notice is the "Shipping Coupon Code" entry simply didn't show up? Was it suppose to?

Within the new coupon I have it set to ALL shopper/groups and all products, however the shipping module wasn't listed. Clicking on "Shipping (within coupon list)" I received this error message. " Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/views/assets/tmpl/default_shipping.php on line 28"

Here is exactly what I am trying to do.

1, have all guests or registered uses be able to enter the code
    2, provide free shipping via coupon code (I don't want to be travelling hundreds of kilometers to deliver)

System info:

Joomla 1.5.25
    VM 1.1.19

eCommerce edition.

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

if you are receiving the customer logged in error, then there is only 3 reasons you will see this:
    - you have set a number of users of x per customer
    - you have set the coupon specific for certain users
    - you have set the coupon specific for certain user groups
    In all cases, need to see the user information to determine if they are eligible to use the coupon.

The error of not seeing any error messages when entering a shipping coupon is a bug and will be updated soon. you can fix it in the meantime by following these instructions:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/urgent-shipping-coupon-dont-work#comment-2415

Not all shipping modules are supported and are added on request. Can you send me a link to the shipping module you are using and I can take a look.
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

Would you like to login to the site? admin and or FTP ?

Link to the shipping module

http://www.jepun.com.au/auspost_reg.zip

Regards

• Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

I applied the fix as outlined, configured VM to use the in-built Auspost shipping module and the same problem. Only this time the error of "coupon code not found, please try again". I am logged in also.

Clicking the "shipping" link from the coupon list view I still get the error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/views/assets/tmpl/default_shipping.php on line 28

REgatfs
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The fix allows you to at least see the error messages now, instead of nothing.

In the front end, did you already select the shipping? Or did you enable selection of shipping before shipping is selected in awocoupon->configurations?

The error you are receiving is likely due to the modified auspost.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I will take a look at the module.
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

Hmm, not sure I fully understand.

I changed to use the default Auspost module, from the Configuration option I was able to see and select the shipping option to apply the coupon. However this still did not work.

As I said, there is the warning listed when selecting the shipping link from the coupon view.

As it stand, with the default VM shipping module the coupon simply doesn't work.

This is becoming increasingly urgent as were trying to make the most of the xmas trade.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

More than happy to provide access via and Site access.

Regards
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

Hi,

At this point I would just like the component to work, the default Auspost shipping module (which I see it should support) will suffice. The sole purpose of purchasing this extension was to provide free shipping via a coupon code. The free version doesn't provide this functionality in order for me to test, hence I purchased the extension.

If this cannot work I would respectfully ask you terminate the license and refund the purchase price. Days are ticking away and very soon the use for this will be redundant.

We have a somewhat standard site with little modification (one page checkout), even when this is disabled, using the default checkout, it still fails.

In short, it simply does work, looking through the forums I see I'm not alone.

Please advise.

Regards
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

In an effort to try and get this working I made a few changes to the settings to see what impact it had.

The primary reason for wanting this extension was to enable free shipping based on the coupon code, not a discounted amount. So when creating the coupon I specified it was a shipping coupon, an overall amount and entered 0 for the amount. Not sure what else to put in as the shipping cost will vary depending on how much the customer buys and their locations?

I changed the value to 1, which worked! It added a discount of $1....

It's now out of my control. Should this provide the functionality as I need it? Remove the shipping cost based on the amount per customer?

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

For free shipping set the discount to 100%.

By default your shipping module should be discounted. The only time it needs to be supported within AwoCoupon is if you need to specify a specific shipping option as being discounted.
  • Default avatar
    natasha    
     12 years ago

Yes, I just got home and wondered if the amount needed to be changed to a percentage and set this to 100%.

I've just tested this and it works.

It would be nice if you have time to integrate the postage module I sent you ?

Thanks

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Done, check your private messages.