VAT Calculation

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

VAT Calculation
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

in awocoupon->configuration, there should be a setting for calculating discount before tax. Try changing the setting to see if you get the correct value.
  • Default avatar
    madegrow    
     12 years ago

Thanks for your quick feedback.

In fact we already had those setting in place. I mean: CALCULATE DISCOUNT BEFORE TAX = Yes

Now I changed to "No" and seems to be ok. Strange right? If I set to "No" it means that discout will be calculated considering VAT, right? And that is not the case, I guess. Is something wrong?

Waiting your feedback

Regards
  • Default avatar
    madegrow    
     12 years ago

In fact now is not ok, because total value to pay is incorrect as discount is wrong. What we need is to apply a discount on net price (without VAT) and not as it is now.

Wating your feedback

Regards
  • Default avatar
    madegrow    
     12 years ago

We are having similar problem as others already posted.

At our cenario we have a product that costs 22,50€ with a VAT of 23% included. That means that our product price without VAT is 18,29€.

Aplying a discount of 10% (1,829€) to this last price we get product price without VAT and with discount = 16,46€. This is product price without VAT

Calculating VAT for this amount we get 3,78€ witch means that customer have to pay 20,25€ (16,46€ + 3,78€).

Dispite value to pay is correct, VAT appear incorrect. Instead of 3,78€ it calculates 3,87€. Something is wrong with VAT calculation.

Can you please help us on this?

Our website is http://www.coobiebaby.com

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

can you give me an example of numbers? What are you seeing, what should you see? Also in Virtuemart, you do have discount before tax checked right?
  • Default avatar
    madegrow    
     12 years ago

For now we correct the problem for ourselves.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards