help, coupons are doubling at checkout

• Default avatar
    jlmsc    
     12 years ago

Let's say I have a coupon for 25%. It actually doubles and 50% is subtracted at checkout. What can I do?
    thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I have not seen this problem. What version of Virtuemart are you using? Do you have discount before tax checked in the Virtuemart configuration? Does this happen all the way through checkout? When you look at the confirmed order in the backend, does it also have the 50% discount? And anything else you can think about that could help solve this.
  • Default avatar
    jlmsc    
     12 years ago

I need some assistance in finding these answers. The coupons have worked great for me up until now. I have not completed a purchase so I am not sure what it looks like in the backend. Could you send a personal message?

Working with Version VW 1.1.4
  • Default avatar
    josh62    
     12 years ago

any coupon dollar or percent is doubled in the checkout. The mini cart shows the price as it should be but the checkout summary shows coupon discount then the total is missing double the coupon amount.

VM 1.1.4
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Did you enable coupon before tax/discounts in Virtuemart configuration? If so, have you seen this blog?
    https://awodev.com/blog/virtuemart-coupon-error-discount-before-tax
  • Default avatar
    josh62    
     12 years ago

using vm 1.1.4
    it happens all the way through checkout and yes the finished order does show the double discount in the total.

it shows the correct discount of $50 in the cart but the total cart is actually -$100.

Here is a cut and paste of the cart summary.

Subtotal: $367.30
    Coupon Discount: - $50.00
    Total: $267.30
    Tax Total: $9.20
    Tax Total contains:
    $9.20170 (2.9% Tax)

Yes "Subtract payment discount before tax/shipping?" is checked
  • Default avatar
    josh62    
     12 years ago

OMG removing the "Subtract payment discount before tax/shipping?" fixes it.. wow thanks for asking that question. Ive been working on this for over an hour now.